2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
Happy Draft Day, everyone.

I still don't get this Stanley over Tunsil talk. Tunsil was clear-cut #1 material for over a year, and then 1-2 weeks before the draft, he falls? I'm not sure I'm buying it. But if it does happen, they're a bunch of idiots. I like Stanley a lot, but Tunsil is as close of a sure-thing as you can find at LT. The dude is really damn good. He doesn't have any holes in his game. Why must NFL teams make it so difficult on themselves?

No way Ramsey falls too far. I can't imagine any scenario where he makes it past 7 or 8 - even if those teams don't want him, someone will be trading up.

In his game, no, but he does have off the field issues and he does have injury questions

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is probably more fun for Rock than others, but curious -

For those that have a college team - is there any player you'd like to see up on the bears?

I'd love if a late (4th round or later) pick ended up netting the bears Kentrell Brothers.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)
Is it possible that Noah Spence falls to the second? If the Bears do not snag a pass rusher with their first pick I would love if they can grab Spence with their second pick.

I don't know, this week I started hearing that as push came to shove, it was likely he was going in 10-20 range.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)

For those that have a college team - is there any player you'd like to see up on the bears?

I'd love if a late (4th round or later) pick ended up netting the bears Kentrell Brothers.

I'd love every single Buckeye with the exception of Tyvis Powell and Cardale Jones.

Von Bell and Eli Apple would be great fits for the Bears but they wont be available by the time they go for their second pick.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)
Is it possible that Noah Spence falls to the second? If the Bears do not snag a pass rusher with their first pick I would love if they can grab Spence with their second pick.

I would say that is more of a probability than a possibility.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)

I would love to see what they can do with Dan Vitale. Nick VanHoose IMO is criminally underrated as well I think he would be a steal in the 6th.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
I'd love every single Buckeye with the exception of Tyvis Powell and Cardale Jones.

Von Bell and Eli Apple would be great fits for the Bears but they wont be available by the time they go for their second pick.

I'm really hoping Eli Apple is there for the Chiefs pick at 28.

If he's gone hopefully the Chiefs can get Will Jackson III or one of the WRs there (other than Fuller)

Bears have evidently had discussions with Browns to move up to #8 pick. I'd presume they would be targeting one of Bosa / Buckner / Ramsey. Pretty good chance at least one of those guys is there. Tunsill could potentially be there as well (and obviously Elliot too).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
Bears have evidently had discussions with Browns to move up to #8 pick. I'd presume they would be targeting one of Bosa / Buckner / Ramsey. Pretty good chance at least one of those guys is there. Tunsill could potentially be there as well (and obviously Elliot too).

Where are you seeing this?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)

Eh I dont know if I would support that move. Not that my opinion matters but I am sure they would have to give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder if they were to do that.

In general, I hate hate hate the idea of trading up and love the idea of trading down (early in the draft) and than in later rounds I'd leverage those picks to get more guys I ultimately wanted. Basically as long as I thought I could move down and still get guys with similar grades, I'd do it all day long and accumulate the picks.

I personally can not justify moving up to grab a RB, however, If the Bears view Bosa / Buckner as huge difference makers (vs. who will be there @ 11), than I could justify the move. That said, I hate the idea of giving up a pick and I presume to move up 3 spots in the 1st round you are talking a 3rd round pick plus something else, right)?

Greg Gabriel indicates he is hearing the Bears want Rankins. That is a name I really haven't heard around the Bears much. Kiper did pick him in his most recent mock. He's undersized but seems like he has the speed to get to the QB and disrupt.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 12:27 PM)
Greg Gabriel indicates he is hearing the Bears want Rankins. That is a name I really haven't heard around the Bears much. Kiper did pick him in his most recent mock. He's undersized but seems like he has the speed to get to the QB and disrupt.

Haha I know. Leming told me a week ago that Rankins was the Bears guy. I asked Greg and he basically said I was nuts and he doesn't fit the scheme.

I feel like "fit" with a fangio scheme isn't so important. Give him a guy that's disruptive and he will find a way to use it. Do we honestly think Aaron Donald would not be fitting with our coaching staff?

Hopefully he's 90% aaron donald.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
In general, I hate hate hate the idea of trading up and love the idea of trading down (early in the draft) and than in later rounds I'd leverage those picks to get more guys I ultimately wanted. Basically as long as I thought I could move down and still get guys with similar grades, I'd do it all day long and accumulate the picks.

I personally can not justify moving up to grab a RB, however, If the Bears view Bosa / Buckner as huge difference makers (vs. who will be there @ 11), than I could justify the move. That said, I hate the idea of giving up a pick and I presume to move up 3 spots in the 1st round you are talking a 3rd round pick plus something else, right)?

I'd be okay with trading up for tunsil/jack/ramsey if they slide past 6 and bears love them. But I think the bears feel good about trading down.

Problem is, they feel good about trading down for a lot of the same reasons I can't see a team at 20 feeling the need to trade up.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
Haha I know. Leming told me a week ago that Rankins was the Bears guy. I asked Greg and he basically said I was nuts and he doesn't fit the scheme.

As long as Rankings can be disruptive, I'd be on board. Ultimately, what do I know. Fox and Fangio have a proven track record and I have faith in them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
I'd be okay with trading up for tunsil/jack/ramsey if they slide past 6 and bears love them. But I think the bears feel good about trading down.

Problem is, they feel good about trading down for a lot of the same reasons I can't see a team at 20 feeling the need to trade up.

It looks like there is a decent shot that Jack is actually on the board @ 11.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
As long as Rankings can be disruptive, I'd be on board. Ultimately, what do I know. Fox and Fangio have a proven track record and I have faith in them.

Exactly. And they are in a lot of 4 man fronts anyway. Rankins was recruited to Louisville by Bears OLB and former DL coach Clint Hurtt too FWIW.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
It looks like there is a decent shot that Jack is actually on the board @ 11.

I don't see him getting by ravens, unless ramsey AND he are there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 12:47 PM)
I don't see him getting by ravens, unless ramsey AND he are there.

I think Baltimore takes Bosa or Tunsil. They are playing a 43 defense this year and Tunsil is the #1 player in the draft IMO.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
In his game, no, but he does have off the field issues and he does have injury questions

I wouldn't consider protecting his mom from an abusive stepfather nor having discussions with an agent as off-the-field issues. Unless there is something else I'm not aware of. The injury concern is fair, but breaking his leg is more of a fluke thing I think. And it didn't seem to bother him at all once he came back last year.

Anyway, I do like Stanley but to me, there is a clear difference b/t the two of them. Stanley is still worthy of a Top 15 pick. Just not 3rd.