2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 01:06 PM)
That was a bogus medical report. No one has had a bad thing to say about his knees (supposedly).

Greg Gabriel just said on the score that he probably wont get to his second NFL contract. It is real, those knees arent gonna last long

http://nypost.com/2016/04/27/myles-jack-ri...about-his-knee/

from the horses mouth

Though Jack is expected to be available from Day 1 as a rookie, the knee now appears likely to require microfracture surgery — potentially a career-ender — in the next few years.

Jack admitted as much Wednesday, telling The Post the microfracture procedure is a possibility and that he would understand if that causes him to plummet in the first round.

“[The degenerative problems are] there, but it’s nothing extreme,” Jack said at an NFL event for prospects at Grant Park. “Down the line, possibly I could have microfracture surgery — potentially. Who knows what will happen?

“Nobody knows how long anybody is going to play in this league. To play three years in this league would be above average.”

Knowing teams will be reluctant to use a high first-rounder on a player who might last just three or four years, Jack said he won’t hold any grudges if he lingers in the green room Thursday.

“I would understand if I fell,” Jack told The Post. “This is a talented draft class, so if I was to fall, I wouldn’t take it personally.”

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 11:09 AM)
Greg Gabriel just said on the score that he probably wont get to his second NFL contract. It is real, those knees arent gonna last long

http://nypost.com/2016/04/27/myles-jack-ri...about-his-knee/

from the horses mouth

I stand corrected. So the fake report that got blasted a week or two ago evidently wasn't fake.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
I wouldn't consider protecting his mom from an abusive stepfather nor having discussions with an agent as off-the-field issues. Unless there is something else I'm not aware of. The injury concern is fair, but breaking his leg is more of a fluke thing I think. And it didn't seem to bother him at all once he came back last year.

Anyway, I do like Stanley but to me, there is a clear difference b/t the two of them. Stanley is still worthy of a Top 15 pick. Just not 3rd.

I dont consider Stanley that close to Tunsil. Stanley is a pretty good RT IMO in the NFL. Nothing more.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
I stand corrected. So the fake report that got blasted a week or two ago evidently wasn't fake.

The problem is, he could give you a couple of really high quality years. Considering that NFL career average lengths arent that long, is it worth it?

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
That really sucks for the Bears. That's two (3 if you consider Baylor DE) defensive players that have dropped out of top ten, sucking up the player pool from the Bears.

Shawn Oakman was always a day 3 pick. He can't play.

My team has a track meet after school and then it'll be right to my buddies' for the draft after so I'll leave my predictions here:

1. Rams-Goff QB Cal

2. Eagles-Wentz QB NDSU

3. Chargers- Stanley OT Notre Dame

4. Cowboys- Ramsey DB FSU

5. Jaguars-Bosa DE OSU

6. Ravens- Tunsil OT Ole Miss

7. 49ers- Buckner DL Oregon

8. Dolphins-Elliott RB OSU (Trade)

9. Buccaneers-Hargreaves CB Florida

10. Giants- Floyd LB Georgia

11. Bears-Rankins DL Louisville

12. Saints-Lawson DE Clemson

13. Browns-Conklin OT MSU

14. Raiders-Jack LB UCLA

15. Titans- Decker OT OSU

16. Lions-Reed DL Alabama

17. Falcons-Lee LB OSU

18. Colts-Kelly C Alabama

19. Bills- Spence OLB EKU

20. Jets-Lynch QB Memphis

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
Just keep him away from women.

I'm in no way excusing the act, but I bet that there are dozens of NFL players with unreported college sexual assaults in their life history.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
I'm in no way excusing the act, but I bet that there are dozens of NFL players with unreported college sexual assaults in their life history.

Um, so you should knowingly draft and pay big money to a guy you know has a sexual assault accusation that was also accused of assault by an ex-girlfriend? Dude is a piece of trash. No thanks to having a guy like that.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)
My pick for tonight is gonna be RB Ezekiel Elliot.

My off the board/shock people pick is CB William Jackson III

As a Buckeye and a Bears fan, this is what I am hoping for.

I don't think Zeke will be available at 11, but it would be fun to root for him for the next few years on the Bears.

I also don't think he's the ideal pick for the Bears, but it seems like all the potential picks at 11 have some sort of question marks, so it's not the worst idea.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 05:28 PM)
Ezekiel Elliott is dressed like an absolute moron tonight. No way Fox picks that.

Unless he's trolling Goodell

Most teams DO judge their picks on draft day attire.

His half shift was his signature look in college until the NCAA did what they do best.

http://deadspin.com/the-nfl-drafts-red-car...liot-1773709566

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
My team has a track meet after school and then it'll be right to my buddies' for the draft after so I'll leave my predictions here:

1. Rams-Goff QB Cal

2. Eagles-Wentz QB NDSU

3. Chargers- Stanley OT Notre Dame

4. Cowboys- Ramsey DB FSU

5. Jaguars-Bosa DE OSU

6. Ravens- Tunsil OT Ole Miss

7. 49ers- Buckner DL Oregon

8. Dolphins-Elliott RB OSU (Trade)

9. Buccaneers-Hargreaves CB Florida

10. Giants- Floyd LB Georgia

11. Bears-Rankins DL Louisville

12. Saints-Lawson DE Clemson

13. Browns-Conklin OT MSU

14. Raiders-Jack LB UCLA

15. Titans- Decker OT OSU

16. Lions-Reed DL Alabama

17. Falcons-Lee LB OSU

18. Colts-Kelly C Alabama

19. Bills- Spence OLB EKU

20. Jets-Lynch QB Memphis

Ill be sick to my stomach if my Dolphins trade UP to take a RB in the top 10, jesus christ