2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (TRU @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)
I cant believe this Tunsil thing, that is crazy.. theres no way he posted that. I am seeing that it was possibly his stepfather trying to sabatoge him

When they traded up, I thought they were taking Tunsil

QUOTE (TRU @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)
I cant believe this Tunsil thing, that is crazy.. theres no way he posted that. I am seeing that it was possibly his stepfather trying to sabatoge him

Apparently nobody else smoked weed in college ever. And nobody smokes weed in the NFL now.

Even if Goodell suspends him for a few games, who cares. You can still have him for years after that.

This was worst case scenario. Completely awful pick.

We spend a 4th round pick and completely blow the pick. Tunsil is right there. The top player in the draft. Who gives a s*** about weed. He didn't pop at the combine. He hasn't failed a drug test ever. I'm sure it won't be a problem for him in the NFL. Teams are so stupid - way overthinking this.

My hotel burned down on Tuesday night and a bunch of my stuff was ruined. I was left standing in the rain for 2 hours, watching the hotel burn, before they would let me go to my car. I feel worse right now than I did that night.

Edited by dasox24

Bears traded up to select Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd with the No. 9 overall pick in the 2016 draft.

Tampa Bay acquired a fourth-round pick to drop down to No. 11. Floyd (6'6/244) spent three years at UGA before going pro, amassing 28.5 tackles for loss, 17 sacks, and five forced fumbles across 32 starts. Floyd shredded the Combine, running 4.6-flat with a 39 1/2-inch vertical and 10-foot-7 broad jump. Floyd is a long-armed (33 1/8"), explosive edge rusher whose lanky frame and shortage of play strength evoked Keke Mingo and Dion Jordan comparisons from pre-draft skeptics. Floyd's traits are mouth watering, but he's a boom-bust prospect who could max out as a sub-package player. It's a risky, if high-ceiling pick by second-year GM Ryan Pace.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
My hotel burned down on Tuesday night and a bunch of my stuff was ruined. I was left standing in the rain for 2 hours, watching the hotel burn, before they would let me go to my car. I feel worse right now than I did that night.

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear about it, hopefully their insurance pays for you to get all new stuff.

And I have come to expect that whenever I watch the Bears draft I will be sad, so I dont ever get my hopes up.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:31 PM)
Damn that sucks, sorry to hear about it, hopefully their insurance pays for you to get all new stuff.

And I have come to expect that whenever I watch the Bears draft I will be sad, so I dont ever get my hopes up.

It's all good. Honestly, it was a 2 day work trip so I didn't have much with me. No one was hurt, which is the important thing. Material things are replaceable.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)

Woah, sorry to hear that dude.

Scout on Floyd

OLB- Leonard Floyd (Georgia). Floyd has Pro Bowl ability. But only when his pads aren’t on. The 6-foot-6, 244-pounder runs a 4.6 forty and has a 127-inch broad jump. Maybe you heard. SPARQ placed him in the 77th percentile athletically among NFL linebackers (I actually thought Floyd would do even better than that). Despite that athleticism, Floyd managed only 17 sacks over his three seasons, including 4.5 last year. Only 11.5 of his career sacks came against the SEC, and a mere 4.5 of them occurred outside the city limits of Athens. Oh, and he had zero career interceptions, four career passes defensed and was a non-factor in the run game. To recap: Floyd struggles in coverage, is too frail to defend the run, and was never a dominant pass rusher in college. Not the way I want to spend a first-round pick. If there’s a silver lining here, it’s that Georgia often used Floyd as a 3-4 ILB. So your best case scenario here is that Floyd is Charlize Theron and Jeremy Pruitt is her makeup artist from Monster.