2016-2017 NFL Thread

I really liked Lynch. I wonder if Bears would look at Jack or Ndkemiche in the 2nd round. I'm going to presume someone will move up for Jack tomorrow. I'd also presume Bears would be all over Ashawhn Robinson if he's on the board in the 2nd. Von Bell is another guy I'd be on board with.

Bottom line, we'll have to see how a few other teams do, but I like our chances right now in the 2nd round.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)
I'm a huge fan of the Cards pick.

For sure. It's a good spot for Nkemdiche. Veteran team, old school head coach who the players love, and Mathieu is there - they had a good plan for Mathieu a few years ago and he can help Nkem through the process if needed.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)
I really liked Lynch. I wonder if Bears would look at Jack or Ndkemiche in the 2nd round. I'm going to presume someone will move up for Jack tomorrow. I'd also presume Bears would be all over Ashawhn Robinson if he's on the board in the 2nd. Von Bell is another guy I'd be on board with.

Bottom line, we'll have to see how a few other teams do, but I like our chances right now in the 2nd round.

Ndkemiche is gone 29th pick to Arizona

Pretty not pumped to get Floyd. Was thrilled when Tunsil was there. Think all of that crap is BS. Does any of that mean he won't play football? No.

Hope to God our scouting is right and Floyd is coachable.

Would love a lot of players in second round.

Edited by bmags

I'm a pretty big Pace fan, so I will definitely give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Not a fan of the pick, but he has enormous potential. The thing I see is more drafting athletes (physical specimens) instead of football players (what you see on tape making plays). Hopefully this guy is both.

This made me feel better

Floyd had 17 sacks over the last three seasons at Georgia with 41/2 last year but would have been far more productive had the Bulldogs put him on the edge and left him there. He was used to stop the run as an inside linebacker and also had to drop into coverage at times.[\quote]

http://trib.in/2485e03

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 12:26 AM)
Pretty not pumped to get Floyd. Was thrilled when Tunsil was there. Think all of that crap is BS. Does any of that mean he won't play football? No.

Hope to God our scouting is right and Floyd is coachable.

Would love a lot of players in second round.

Brings up some issues when you are stupid enough to get your picture doing drugs and admit to taking illegal payoffs on your own twitter account. All this on top of a previous suspension in college.

I'm not a fan of Leonard Floyd. He was one of the only picks that would really bother me. He's small, can't set the edge, and will be a 24 year old rookie. Those are big negatives. He's a big time athlete and Georgia typically uses players incorrectly. I'm not thrilled but I'm just a dumbs fan. Fox and Fangio have drafted and developed pass rushers in the past (Julius Peppers, Aldon Smith, Von Miller). I'll trust them here. It stinks that they had to give up the 4 but they must really like him. He better be good right away though. They don't really have time to train a 24 year old pass rusher. He'll be the same age during the season that Eddie Goldman will be when he gets his 2nd contract.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 07:41 AM)
Brings up some issues when you are stupid enough to get your picture doing drugs and admit to taking illegal payoffs on your own twitter account. All this on top of a previous suspension in college.

It does. Those pictures are 5 years ago though when he was a 16 year old high school student. Kids are stupid. Most players take money. Him talking about serves no purpose though.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 07:41 AM)

Strange definition of "admit". As if he sending this out on his own

All of these picks are a roll of the dice but its always tough to swallow when your team takes a guy (after trading up to get him mind you) that they have to convince the fan base that he is a good player. Usually in the top ten range you dont question the talent. However I am confident in Pace/Fox/Fangio so I assume Floyd will work out well.