2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dennis Green's famous meltdown was hilarious, because of the words he used and how pissed he was, but what he was actually saying wasn't wrong. Green was saying "I know everyone has decided the best team in the league and we're one of the worst but we've watched the tape and I figured out their QB is a one-trick pony, and we actually executed that plan flawlessly but inexplicably blew it at the end and I'm pissed." Grossman was actually on fire going into that game (part of why the meltdown was so shocking) and after that other teams copied what the Cardinals did, and Grossman never adjusted and was cooked as a QB prospect.

Yeah. I'll never forget that game. I was at college surrounded by Rams fams who carried over their hate of cubs to the bears. They were talking SO much trash up til halftime. When Hester returned that touchdown that was the most excited I've been for any non playoff game I've been to. Plus Urlacher just deciding he'd go score points like the friggin water boy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 04:09 PM)
Yeah. I'll never forget that game. I was at college surrounded by Rams fams who carried over their hate of cubs to the bears. They were talking SO much trash up til halftime. When Hester returned that touchdown that was the most excited I've been for any non playoff game I've been to. Plus Urlacher just deciding he'd go score points like the friggin water boy.

I had to get up at 5:30 and I went to sleep assuming it was a blowout loss. Woke up and opened Yahoo on my laptop and I was pissed.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:09 PM)

I'll never forget that game. It was my freshman year in the dorm room. I went nuts on that punt return. My roommate was pissed because he was trying to sleep... it probably didn't help that he was a Packers fan.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
Dennis Green's famous meltdown was hilarious, because of the words he used and how pissed he was, but what he was actually saying wasn't wrong. Green was saying "I know everyone has decided the best team in the league and we're one of the worst but we've watched the tape and I figured out their QB is a one-trick pony, and we actually executed that plan flawlessly but inexplicably blew it at the end and I'm pissed." Grossman was actually on fire going into that game (part of why the meltdown was so shocking) and after that other teams copied what the Cardinals did, and Grossman never adjusted and was cooked as a QB prospect.

"Never adjusted" is a stretch. Grossman had great games after that Arizona contest.

I was at that game in Arizona. A couple of college buddies had just moved down there so a bunch of us went to golf all weekend and go to the game on Monday.

We were in the absolute last row of the upper deck, paid like $100 for a $15 face value ticket. By the 3rd quarter, I was ready to party, figuring the game was over. Thankfully we stayed. When Hester caught that punt, I could see the whole field from my seats and saw the wide open path for him to get the end zone. I immediately knew he was gonna score a TD.

The locals were crushed. They are a solid franchise now but that was their Super Bowl then, I think the first Monday night game ever.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)
When Hester caught that punt, I could see the whole field from my seats and saw the wide open path for him to get the end zone. I immediately knew he was gonna score a TD.

Not sure if it's unique to the Cardinals' stadium, but I had the exact experience from a similar seat on a Patrick Peterson punt return a few years ago. He received the punt, took one step, and I could just see the lane open up for a long TD return.

That Bears/Cards game ranks for me with the Illinois/Arizona NCAA tourney game in terms of games that I would/could/should have stopped watching, but didn't. Totally improbable comeback, and for the fish out of water Bears/Illini fan in Arizona - totally satisfying.

My first day thoughts to training camp because....well I am ready for football....is I cant see Pernell Mcphee ever playing a full season for the Bears. They say he dropped a lot of weight presumably to help his knees but for his physical style + body type + prone to injury (the worst of all) he is going to be injured every year and thats just the reality of it all. Its a damn shame because he can ball with the best of them when healthy.

Second, I am not surprised but still sort of disappointed that Leonard Floyd appears to not have gained much weight at all despite his diet plan that he has been on since the draft.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)
Deadspin ‏@Deadspin 5m5 minutes ago

Ezekiel Elliott's girlfriend posts photos of bruises, claims she's a victim of domestic violence:

If Elliot did this, not good at all.

Was a sham apparently.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)
Yeah after Kevin white last year I wouldn't be surprised if McPhee retires suddenly in August ;)

Floyd - it is what it is at this point. Have to hope he can ball at that weight.

As a guy who loves to eat and is currently dropping weight with the biggest efforts I have ever given to dieting, I just cant wrap my head around someone not being able to GAIN weight.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
As a guy who loves to eat and is currently dropping weight with the biggest efforts I have ever given to dieting, I just cant wrap my head around someone not being able to GAIN weight.

Well, we don't really have the same energy burning schedules as Floyd

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
Well, we don't really have the same energy burning schedules as Floyd

Yup and the fact some of these guys have mind boggling metabolisms that don't let them gain as much as they try.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)
Yup and the fact some of these guys have mind boggling metabolisms that don't let them gain as much as they try.

Team dieticians can help only so much, for some body types you can only add bad weight at a point and its better not to do that.

Floyd carted off the field at practice. Damn....

Dan Wiederer

‏@danwiederer

Leonard Floyd did leave the practice field a short time ago on a cart. Unclear to this point what the reason was.

Edited by TheTruth05