• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
Bears must love that show

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. Khari Lee and now Eric Kush. Next year we need to be on the lookout for fan favorites who are borderline to make the roster.

I do like Kush, though. T-shirt printing companies in the Chicago area are about to see a spike in revenue.

Josh Sitton is a must.

QUOTE (Tony @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 08:16 PM)
Adios, Robbie.

Wow. He would have been gone last season if not for his long career.. I think that's the last piece from the Super Bowl and Lovie era Bears. At least I got Lovie in Champaign. And Urlacher on every other billboard on I-90 with his new hair.

Who will be the new kicker? I can't imagine John Fox going for two all the time

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
Wow. He would have been gone last season if not for his long career.. I think that's the last piece from the Super Bowl and Lovie era Bears. At least I got Lovie in Champaign. And Urlacher on every other billboard on I-90 with his new hair.

Who will be the new kicker? I can't imagine John Fox going for two all the time

Stupid question, but I rarely think about special teams. Are kickers particularly difficult to find?

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 08:57 PM)
Stupid question, but I rarely think about special teams. Are kickers particularly difficult to find?

I think if they were easy to find, they never would have paid him what they paid him. But it does seem as a whole, kickers are a lot more reliable than they used to be. Robbie has slipped without a doubt. Hopefully they find someone as reliable as he has been over the years.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
I think if they were easy to find, they never would have paid him what they paid him. But it does seem as a whole, kickers are a lot more reliable than they used to be. Robbie has slipped without a doubt. Hopefully they find someone as reliable as he has been over the years.

Right. And again this is just based on the few teams I get the opportunity to watch, but it seems like every year some kicker is leading the franchise or some college kid is kicking the ball 60 yards.

QUOTE (Tony @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
3 year deal.

Nice, although I have to be a little hesitant if Green Bay is willing to cut him, they seem to be so on point with their talent evaluation.

Could this signing have any connection to the Gould release? Not sure how the Bears salary cap looks

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)
Nice, although I have to be a little hesitant if Green Bay is willing to cut him, they seem to be so on point with their talent evaluation.

Could this signing have any connection to the Gould release? Not sure how the Bears salary cap looks

No bearing Bears have no cap issues.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Sep 5, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
Can someone explain the outrage over releasing Gould and how the meatballs are upset by the direction Pace has taken? It's a complete rebuild that isn't done yet - I doubt Cutler, Jeffery, Houston and Royal are in the future plans.

I don't think there is much outrage. I think people are questioning why Gould had no competition in training camp, and the answer there might be simple.

Kickers are going to go to a team they think they can make. Gould has been entrenched. Maybe they wanted to bring Barth in earlier but he thought he had a better shot in NO.

Gould has had some injuries, but did his slide start with the injuries or Mannelley retiring? The snapper can make a huge difference.

Anyways, Barth isn't too shabby, and he is pretty much automatic inside 40.

I'm sort of amazed how much of a short term memory some Bears fans have. Gould cost the Bears at least two games last year. His run was great but all great things come to an end.

I love the Sitton pick up as well.