2016-2017 NFL Thread

Rumors going around today that Bill Polian is looking to get back in a FO position, and the Bears are reportedly interested in the name of restructuring and possibly removing Phillips from football decision power (ie. Polian takes on some sort of president of football ops type job)

Rex Ryan might also be getting the ax today

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
Rumors going around today that Bill Polian is looking to get back in a FO position, and the Bears are reportedly interested in the name of restructuring and possibly removing Phillips from football decision power (ie. Polian takes on some sort of president of football ops type job)

Adam Schefter quickly shot down the Polian to Chicago rumors.

Adam JahnsVerified account

‏@adamjahns

ESPN's @AdamSchefter after talking to Bill Polian: "He's not coming to work for the Chicago #Bears." Says Polian was confused by the story.

Rex Ryan is probably done in the head coaching profession. Wonder if he goes back to being a defensive coordinator or just goes straight to TV.

I think he could still be one of the top D-coordinators, but he would have to put ego aside. I'm not sure he can do that.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
Pace has actually done a pretty good job in the draft and FA why the hell would you get rid of him already?

I think it's too early to tell either way. I'd give him one more draft. His second draft looked better than the first one.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)

I am okay with this, but a little concerned too. Seems so ass backwards to be doing this now, especially because I generally like Ryan Pace and think he's done a good job adding talent to this team. When I look at our most recent draft, I smile a lot (Floyd / Whitehair / Howard all look like players to me).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
I am okay with this, but a little concerned too. Seems so ass backwards to be doing this now, especially because I generally like Ryan Pace and think he's done a good job adding talent to this team. When I look at our most recent draft, I smile a lot (Floyd / Whitehair / Howard all look like players to me).

Agreed.

Some weird rumors going on around the Bears right now. I still don't know where or why the Fangio rumors came from last week, but getting rid of him would be a horrendous idea. He's one of the few good things we have going for us. The only way Fangio should leave Chicago is if he doesn't want to stay.

Also Kwiatkowski has more than held his own and Deiondre Hall was drawing rave reviews before getting hurt. Even the 2015 draft has given the Bears two starters and a change-of-pace back. I mean White and Grasu both seem like busts but that happens.

The free agent signings have been terrific. Usually dont get the kind of play out of the free agents that the Bears have from Freeman, Hicks and McPhee.

Edited by Con te Giolito

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)
Seen rumors today of Harbaugh to Rams. That was before this news

I've seen the same rumors but that wouldn't make sense to me unless the Rams offered him something insane like $12 million a year. He's got the world in his hands at Michigan right now.

He signed a contract extension. Fisher agreed to it in preseason and finally signed it recently.

Yea Plaschke for one has been saying for weeks it was BS. I token of appreciation for Fisher putting up with the move and all the upheaval. I'm a little surprised they didnt wait until the offseason to "go a different direction" and instead just humiliated his ass with only a few weeks to go, but that game against Atlanta was ugggly. Seattle at home, pissed off on a short week with a new HC is going to be another beat down too but at least they'll have an excuse for that one.

Once that Fisher extension got announced, he immediately started saying that he didnt have players and basically called out his GM. And now, he has no job, and nobody is surprised.

But at least he can say he didnt go 7-9

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 02:08 PM)
Once that Fisher extension got announced, he immediately started saying that he didnt have players and basically called out his GM. And now, he has no job, and nobody is surprised.

But at least he can say he didnt go 7-9

Sign the extension, try to get fired, still get paid. Great plan.