2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)
What a terrible effort after a bye week. Fox and Cutler need showed the door after 2016.

Agree with the first part, not with the second.

The great thing is it results in another loss which gets us a top 5 pick (perhaps top 3?) and yet we continue to see some good development out of Howard, Floyd, Whitehair and a few others.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)

The great thing is it results in another loss which gets us a top 5 pick (perhaps top 3?) and yet we continue to see some good development out of Howard, Floyd, Whitehair and a few others.

Floyd kept getting in the backfield which is a great sign, but he just couldn't tackle. FELT like he could have had at least 3 sacks

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 04:20 PM)
Floyd kept getting in the backfield which is a great sign, but he just couldn't tackle. FELT like he could have had at least 3 sacks

Winston was slippery today, Floyd wasn't the only one that lost a few

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)

It's too bad that, even with how bad we are, the Browns and 49ers are worse and have just as big QB needs as the Bears.

I also do not think the Bears are that far away. The front seven is legit. Secondary is a cluster f***, partially due to injuries and partially due to a lack of playmakers.

Middle three of the o-line is terrific, but tackles are a huge concern. Obviously, the QB is a big issue, too. WRs and TE group is serviceable.

Special teams also sucks.

Long story short, they are not far away from being competitive.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 07:05 AM)
"I hate to make it personal, but for me it is personal," he said. "It feels great. I don't want to say, '(Expletive) you, Chicago.' But, I want to say, '(Expletive) you, Chicago.'"

LOL Chris Conte

Oh, you already did that against the Packers three years ago

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 07:10 AM)
It's too bad that, even with how bad we are, the Browns and 49ers are worse and have just as big QB needs as the Bears.

Don't ever count out the Browns to go full wtf on a draft pick. They love Garrett though. Would not be shocked to see them take him. The Bears are currently 4th right now in the draft (tied with Jags record wise for 3rd). If they leap frog them, I like their chances on a number of guys. Get some secondary help (Pace did a great job revamping the front end. Lets work on the back end) a OT or 2, etc. They're not far off at all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
Winston was slippery today, Floyd wasn't the only one that lost a few

He definitely goes too high on tackles of QB. Not just an issue for missing but for penalties hitting the helmet.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 05:10 AM)

I also do not think the Bears are that far away. The front seven is legit. Secondary is a cluster f***, partially due to injuries and partially due to a lack of playmakers.

Middle three of the o-line is terrific, but tackles are a huge concern. Obviously, the QB is a big issue, too. WRs and TE group is serviceable.

Special teams also sucks.

Long story short, they are not far away from being competitive.

This is one of those hard games to evaluate. The defense looked fantastic the first half until it seemed to wither after all the meltdowns by the Bears offense. Jordan Howard and Floyd played fantastic. Hell, the dline looked great for the 1st half. Disappointing how the defense came out to start the second half though. I didn't pay much attention after that. The big thing to me is Floyd is looking like a legit pass-rusher, which is huge and despite the fumble, Howard looked like a beast.

Cutler was freaking awful. Worst game I've ever seen him play. Oline didn't help him, but man that was ugly. He looked off the whole game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
This is one of those hard games to evaluate. The defense looked fantastic the first half until it seemed to wither after all the meltdowns by the Bears offense. Jordan Howard and Floyd played fantastic. Hell, the dline looked great for the 1st half. Disappointing how the defense came out to start the second half though. I didn't pay much attention after that. The big thing to me is Floyd is looking like a legit pass-rusher, which is huge and despite the fumble, Howard looked like a beast.

Cutler was freaking awful. Worst game I've ever seen him play. Oline didn't help him, but man that was ugly. He looked off the whole game.

Second half usage of Howard made no sense:

1) If he was in fact hurting, then Fox putting him back in for one last carry on the last drive of the game was criminal.

2) If he wasn't hurting, and it was punishment for the fumble, then that's one of the least effective ways of getting through to a young player. Fumbles happen, particularly for young RBs. Don't make the kid over think, just let him play. Keep working on ball security with him in practice, but one fumble should not equal a second half benching.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)

not worse than that first MNF game against the Packers