2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 05:34 AM)
Gotta feel for Luke Kuechly. Shocked noone mentioned it here yet. That was sad and scary to see him cry like that with his concussion history.

I had no idea it was a concussion until he was standing on his own two feet and they mentioned it. I was certain like his ankle got ripped off, Kyle Long style.

Have to wonder if that's something that could end his career, given his emotional reaction.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 06:34 AM)
Gotta feel for Luke Kuechly. Shocked noone mentioned it here yet. That was sad and scary to see him cry like that with his concussion history.

That was rough to watch. They were zoomed in on his face for far too long. I don't want to see that. Give the guy some respect.

I'm really hoping he'll be fine. He's one of my favorite players to watch.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
Somebody on twitter posted this. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudobulbar_affect Could be a possibility, but it seems it is some sort of injury to the head/brain.

I am sure this is what happened. When I seen him reacting like that I immediately thought it had to literally be due to his injury and not an actual emotional reaction. He has only had one concussion before and it was just to soon to process what was going on enough to emotionally react that way.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 12:05 AM)
Forgot about this thread. My Chiefs are off to another great start (7-2) despite the injury bug.

Every team deals with the injury bug, it's the NFL. That being said, I have always enjoyed watching the Chiefs and rooted for them in the playoffs. I just do not think that they can win with Smith as their QB. Their defense is not dominant enough to overcome the lack of explosiveness in that offense.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 09:06 AM)
Every team deals with the injury bug, it's the NFL. That being said, I have always enjoyed watching the Chiefs and rooted for them in the playoffs. I just do not think that they can win with Smith as their QB. Their defense is not dominant enough to overcome the lack of explosiveness in that offense.

Absolutely but they need to be healthy for the playoffs. Keep in mind they went TO New England without their number 1 WR Jeremy Maclin, best defensive player Justin Houston, both starting RBs and only lost by a TD.

If this team can stay relatively healthy for the playoffs they're going to at least the AFC championship. Denver went there because they were healthy. KC, PIT and NE all had injuries while Denver had that on their side.

This year we're 7-2 and now get our best defensive player back (Justin Houston). This defense is going to be elite now that they got him back to rush opposite of the NFL sack leader Dee Ford. They were down 17-0 at the defending NFC champions place and came back and won due to the defense. They had 0....ZERO offensive TDs and won that game.

But I'm not using that as an excuse but merely a reminder how deep KC is overall. Very deep team and Smith plays his best in the playoffs. They didn't lose to NE because of him. You absolutely can win with Smith. Go look at his playoff stats. He steps his game up in the playoffs.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 19, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
I do want your guy's opinion on the Bears and what the deal is? Is it just a lack of talent combine with a bad Cutler? Is it coaching? I watched KC play Chicago in preseason and could tell it'd be a rough season for Chicago.

I think your first sentence is quite accurate. The talent situation is probably actually better than it was 2 years ago, but it's still not good...and Cutler seems to have taken a step back so far this year - putting up the 2nd worst passer rating of his career so far.