2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:13 AM)
Peppers could end up being like a Deon Bucannon type player. Just not sure you draft that in the top 5-7 picks. Top 15 maybe.

Miniature Linebackers arent drafted that high. He's going to be a good kick and punt returner.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
Peppers was rarely covering guys in the secondary, which is why he only had one INT. He was usually in on the pass rush or in LB area.

Even as a Wolverine fan, the Peppers hype was a little over done. Lewis and Taco were better defensively this year.

He spent last season entirely in the secondary. He's just not very good at coverage which is why he was converted to an OLB this year. He's good at setting the edge and blitzing.

Jourdan Lewis is head and shoulders a better defensive player and playmaker. Stribling actually had an awesome year as well. Malik Hooker is going to be a dynamic safety in the NFL, however right now he's leaning towards staying. If someone is hell bent on taking a Big Ten defensive player in the first round, Lewis is the hands down no brainer selection.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
He spent last season entirely in the secondary. He's just not very good at coverage which is why he was converted to an OLB this year. He's good at setting the edge and blitzing.

Jourdan Lewis is head and shoulders a better defensive player and playmaker. Stribling actually had an awesome year as well. Malik Hooker is going to be a dynamic safety in the NFL, however right now he's leaning towards staying. If someone is hell bent on taking a Big Ten defensive player in the first round, Lewis is the hands down no brainer selection.

I don't think Lewis meets the Bears Arm Length and Height threshold at CB though. The kid at Iowa is better than Lewis. Both guys at Ohio State (Conley, Lattimore) are both better too.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
I don't think Lewis meets the Bears Arm Length and Height threshold at CB though. The kid at Iowa is better than Lewis. Both guys at Ohio State (Conley, Lattimore) are both better too.

Lattimore has a spotty injury history, I wouldnt risk a pick on him. Good athlete, bad hamstrings.

I personally think Lewis is going to be a very good starting CB in the NFL.

I keep watching our defense, thinking, we have the makings of a D that could be special. It does have some inherent flaws though, most notably the secondary. That said, I love the pass rush we are able to generate. You add a decent (not even good or above average) coverage unit, and I think we will see a Top 10 defense next year (in most all categories). Floyd is a menace.

Offensively, I hope Barkley can keep building on what he's doing. He's legitimately looked good and should have had even better numbers if not for some drops. Takes a few weeks for the league to get enough intel to make adjustments, but watching his potential development has made the end of the season more interesting. Plus, I don't see any QB who is just so dynamic that I am concerned we'd miss out on them if we are picking 4 or 2. Doesn't make much of a difference to me. The QB's this year are all a total crapshoot. Would hurt more if you had a draft with a Winston or a Luck.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
Yeah I like Deshaun Watson a lot but aside from that would be fine with the dline talent. Need a safety this year but fine if we use money to sign eric berry

I'd be okay with anyone who we think is a game changer. It does not have to be a QB, although we certainly would need to take a QB early (or do something to address QB longer term). Would be fine with LT / dynamic pass rusher / elite corner.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
I'd be okay with anyone who we think is a game changer. It does not have to be a QB, although we certainly would need to take a QB early (or do something to address QB longer term). Would be fine with LT / dynamic pass rusher / elite corner.

Honestly kind of scared of drafting an LT that high.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:33 PM)
Rumors that Vic Fangio will be on his way out at the end of the season. That would suck, that's been one of the few bright spots.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...206-column.html

The defense is the one thing that has looked like it was NFL calibur.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
Wow.

I wanted that guy to be good more so than his own family I think.

Typical Bears yet Ted Phillips stays still. Fox is not working out he will be lame duck coach in 2017.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
Fangio pretty much put the report that he was leaving on blast, said he plans to be back next year and the report wasnt true.

I keep hoping that is the case. If he leaves for a head coaching job fine, but anything else and I'd be dissapointed. I also am happy the team is playing hard for Fox and I hope they continue to. Doing worse for a top pick doesn't necessarily solve anything.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
Khalil Mack destroyed my buckeyes in college and everyone was all over the left tackle (who now starts for the lions)

For letting a no name MAC kid dominate him.

Yeah. Turns out he's f***ing awesome.

It's crazy how the #2 overall pick and future NFL DPOY could only make it to Buffalo in college. Although his Wiki page says he didn't really play football until the end of high school. This quote is awesome though:

He chose to wear the uniform number 46, an unconventional number for a linebacker, as a motivational reminder that his true potential was not being recognized - 46 was the overall rating assigned to him (out of a maximum of 99) in EA Sports' college football video game, NCAA Football 11.[5]