2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 11:07 AM)
What I would have loved more than anything would have been if they built a domed stadium. f*** bear weather.

Also not build the smallest stadium in the NFL. Also maybe look at a site that doesnt have one way in and one way out....

So many issues with it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 11:03 AM)
Bears fans support a crappy team more than any other in Chicago IMO. Its too bad the owners were too stupid to build an actual stadium.

I disagree. The stadium is great for fans, especially when compared to the old one. The sight lines are great. The food is good and very easy to get to. There are plenty of bathrooms.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 11:09 AM)
Also not build the smallest stadium in the NFL. Also maybe look at a site that doesnt have one way in and one way out....

So many issues with it.

One way in and out? There are plenty of ways to get in and out of the stadium.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
One way in and out? There are plenty of ways to get in and out of the stadium.

Not really. Its the worst in the city. Walking is entirely done from over a mile away, there is one road that goes past it. One. There is little to no public transportation options.

Its awful.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
I disagree. The stadium is great for fans, especially when compared to the old one. The sight lines are great. The food is good and very easy to get to. There are plenty of bathrooms.

Its the smallest stadium in the NFL, that alone is a HUGE error. Its also quiet as hell. They had the chance to build a stadium that could be used for multiple events year round and they didnt. They also have the worst professional surface in the country.

its a disaster.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)

I agree, I think the fan experience inside the stadium is very underrated, it's very solid. Only negative is that when you are in the top rows of the 400 level, there is no middle concourse exit, so you have to go all the way down.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Not really. Its the worst in the city. Walking is entirely done from over a mile away, there is one road that goes past it. One. There is little to no public transportation options.

Its awful.

And I agree with this too. If you drive and park, the traffic is always brutal. That always makes the CTA shuttle buses a giant pain in the ass cause they take so long. We call the walk north to Roosevelt the death march, it's soooo long. The 18th street pedestrian bridge is much more manageable, but there's not as much over there and not close to major public transportation.

Listening to Dowell Loggains talk about how it was hard for him to see how good Howard is as a back(pretty much half a season to consider him as good). Saying it took a while because he basically didnt see the same talent from practice as what shown in game situations.

Thats why it took soo long for him to run the damn ball this year and even still doesnt get enough enough carries. Loggains is terrible.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)
Listening to Dowell Loggains talk about how it was hard for him to see how good Howard is as a back(pretty much half a season to consider him as good). Saying it took a while because he basically didnt see the same talent from practice as what shown in game situations.

Thats why it took soo long for him to run the damn ball this year and even still doesnt get enough enough carries. Loggains is terrible.

I dunno, look how many backup RBs take over and out-perform the starters. And the offense looks pretty good with Barkely and a bunch of no name receivers (before Alshon returned). A few less dropped passes and better decision making by the Fox and we have a few more wins. I think the offense has looked good for the talent that we have had out there the second half of the season.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)

Reading between the lines, its sounds like a nice way of saying Howard is lazy in practivce.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)

Its awful.

The shuttle from union station is fine. the metra drops you off right there. There are plenty of parking lots accessibile from both north and south. I guess i just haven't found the difficulty that you have. It usually takes me longer to get out of comiskey parking than soldiers field.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 01:30 PM)
Its the smallest stadium in the NFL, that alone is a HUGE error. Its also quiet as hell. They had the chance to build a stadium that could be used for multiple events year round and they didnt. They also have the worst professional surface in the country.

its a disaster.

This is true. but i said from a fan/spectator perspective. There is nothing wrong with the stadium from a fan watching the game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)
I agree, I think the fan experience inside the stadium is very underrated, it's very solid. Only negative is that when you are in the top rows of the 400 level, there is no middle concourse exit, so you have to go all the way down.

And I agree with this too. If you drive and park, the traffic is always brutal. That always makes the CTA shuttle buses a giant pain in the ass cause they take so long. We call the walk north to Roosevelt the death march, it's soooo long. The 18th street pedestrian bridge is much more manageable, but there's not as much over there and not close to major public transportation.

The 18th st. bridge is part of the metra platform.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Reading between the lines, its sounds like a nice way of saying Howard is lazy in practivce.

except the word before he got the starters job was he was killing it in practice. The only thing i was reading/hearing was he had problems with pass protection, and multiple analysts have mentioned that he has gotten a lot better over the course of the season

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
Supposedly, this is the last game Alshon will be a member of the Bears. This is such the wrong move if the Bears do this.

They have so much space under the salary cap right now, I don't see the justification in losing him for nothing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)
They have so much space under the salary cap right now, I don't see the justification in losing him for nothing.

They can still threaten to tag him and then trade him right? With the amount of cap space the Bears have, I don't see why you wouldn't just tag him for a second year. Assuming a rookie QB, having a guy with Alshon's skills would be a nice security blanket for a young QB.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
They can still threaten to tag him and then trade him right? With the amount of cap space the Bears have, I don't see why you wouldn't just tag him for a second year. Assuming a rookie QB, having a guy with Alshon's skills would be a nice security blanket for a young QB.

Missing most of the season with injuries and having very little practice time with the new qb? :D

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 12:45 PM)
As long as Howard, Whitehair, Meredith, etc. don't get injured, this should be the best possible outcome for the Bears.

They are bad enough to lose while putting up a good effort. Penalties, turnovers, bad tackling, you have to question if this goes on for the rest of the game if it costs Fox his job.