2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fallen how? Like quality? I agree there. Money wise, they're as good as ever and it looks like the decline in the ratings the first half of the year was due to the election.

These games are terrible and now the league is uprooting a new franchise every offseason for no apparent reason.

Fuller has been bad all year except for those first couple weeks. Better off using Miller.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 14, 2017 -> 09:39 PM)
These games are terrible and now the league is uprooting a new franchise every offseason for no apparent reason.

Fuller has been bad all year except for those first couple weeks. Better off using Miller.

The uprooting is a result of the recent political backlash towards teams building new stadiums on the taxpayer's dime. It's really not going to matter. None of the great franchises are moving, in all honesty. The Rams and Chargers potentially could become bigger in that market and the Raiders are the Raiders and Oakland is a garbage town for football.

The Bears need to get better. Their resurgence could be huge for the league. The Cowboys this season drew insane numbers to the point where the networks tried endlessly to flex them to the big games. The Bears are a team like that.

Edited by Deadpool

Another playoff game with a passer rating below 90 and another win for Brady. That's now happened in 10 of his 23 career playoff wins. By comparison, only once have the Packers won a playoff game with Rodgers posting a passer rating below 90 (NFC championship vs the Bears). And people still consider Brady the better postseason performer because the Patriots have more wins in his tenure? :huh:

The uprooting is a result of the recent political backlash towards teams building new stadiums on the taxpayer's dime. It's really not going to matter. None of the great franchises are moving, in all honesty. The Rams and Chargers potentially could become bigger in that market and the Raiders are the Raiders and Oakland is a garbage town for football.

Yea whatever, its not good that almost 10% of the league is relocating in a 3 year span and its really all for the benefit of one market that could not really give a s*** about the sport.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 14, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
Another playoff game with a passer rating below 90 and another win for Brady. That's now happened in 10 of his 23 career playoff wins. By comparison, only once have the Packers won a playoff game with Rodgers posting a passer rating below 90 (NFC championship vs the Bears). And people still consider Brady the better postseason performer because the Patriots have more wins in his tenure? :huh:

You act as if you were told Rodgers sucks. Nobody ever said that.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
Brady is certainly more accomplished. He also has a significantly better coach.

I agree; however, he is more accomplished because he's played on better teams with a better coach, not because he's a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers. The stat I posted above shows that in nearly half of Brady's career postseason wins he played average to below average. The Packers never win in the postseason if Rodgers plays average to below average (well they did once) and sometimes they don't even win when he plays well above average. I'm still failing to understand why that would be held against him in a Rodgers vs Brady debate. In fact, there's a pretty good chance Rodgers has a monster game today (300+ yards, 3 TD, 100+ passer rating) and the Packers still lose. He is the single most important player to his team in the NFL and yet there's only so much he can do if the defense is sucking it up. We'll see what happens but if Rodgers wills his team to a road playoff win against the top team in the conference without his best WR, it's another tally for Rodgers in this debate.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)
I agree; however, he is more accomplished because he's played on better teams with a better coach, not because he's a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers. The stat I posted above shows that in nearly half of Brady's career postseason wins he played average to below average. The Packers never win in the postseason if Rodgers plays average to below average (well they did once) and sometimes they don't even win when he plays well above average. I'm still failing to understand why that would be held against him in a Rodgers vs Brady debate. In fact, there's a pretty good chance Rodgers has a monster game today (300+ yards, 3 TD, 100+ passer rating) and the Packers still lose. He is the single most important player to his team in the NFL and yet there's only so much he can do if the defense is sucking it up. We'll see what happens but if Rodgers wills his team to a road playoff win against the top team in the conference without his best WR, it's another tally for Rodgers in this debate.

I tend to agree. I just don't like to make these comparisons because as fans of a team, only one stat matters. As fans of players, things get super muddy.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 01:54 AM)
Yea whatever, its not good that almost 10% of the league is relocating in a 3 year span and its really all for the benefit of one market that could not really give a s*** about the sport.

I would not say that this Chargers relocation is for the "benefit" of Los Angeles. That's fair to say about the Rams, the Chargers are just tagging along because of their stadium pouting.