2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 06:46 PM)
Their defense was always going to be an issue. They have 3 points and like 68 yards though.

And there's an explosion for a quick 7.

That penalty for the guy coming into the huddle then leaving took at least 3 points off the board, if not 7. That's on the coaching, not Romo.

None of this will matter if GB scores 40 and they're on pace to do so. Romo was not putting up 40. Cowboys have to stop Rodgers here, at least start holding him to FGs.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 04:53 PM)
And there's an explosion for a quick 7.

That penalty for the guy coming into the huddle then leaving took at least 3 points off the board, if not 7. That's on the coaching, not Romo.

None of this will matter if GB scores 40 and they're on pace to do so. Romo was not putting up 40. Cowboys have to stop Rodgers here, at least start holding him to FGs.

After that penalty he missed a guy that would have gotten the first down.

I'm convinced the game would be a bit closer with Romo. Who knows though

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 05:49 PM)

Maybe a little, but I can understand why Dallas sticks with Prescott. He's the future of the franchise as far as they're concerned.

Green Bay winning is frustrating.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 07:49 PM)

I would accept "a bit closer" as plausible, but watch the end score. Dallas is not built to put up 40 in a shootout regardless of which QB they have. They want to run the ball - that RB of theirs is in fact pretty good. You don't score 40 in the NFL by Elliot running the ball for 130 yards, that keeps the ball in their hands and gives the defense a breather, but the defense can't stop them right now. The Cowboys defense needs to make some stops.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 05:53 PM)
I would accept "a bit closer" as plausible, but watch the end score. Dallas is not built to put up 40 in a shootout regardless of which QB they have. They want to run the ball - that RB of theirs is in fact pretty good. You don't score 40 in the NFL by Elliot running the ball for 130 yards, that keeps the ball in their hands and gives the defense a breather, but the defense can't stop them right now. The Cowboys defense needs to make some stops.

They put up 40 in the last game the starters played in the regular season. They have weapons on he outside and the best oline in football. They are definitely built to score 40 if they want.

Controlling the game with Elliott was their best path to victory but Dallas' playcalling since the Pittsburgh game has been more about highlighting how smart they were to draft Prescott. They aren't dead yet, but they should've used Elliott to keep Rodgers off the field as much as possible in the early parts of the game.

Edited by Con te Giolito

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 15, 2017 -> 06:03 PM)
Controlling the game with Elliott was their best path to victory but Dallas' playcalling since the Pittsburgh game has been more about highlighting how smart they were to draft Prescott. They aren't dead yet, but they should've used Elliott to keep Rodgers off the field as much as possible in the early parts of the game.

Agreed, but a lot of that is due to bad penalties. You can't make mistakes which make a first down increasingly difficult. No one wins a shootout when starting down 18 points.