2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)
I just read more about it and Bernstein is talking about it now. It's not as egregious as it sounded. Multiple states are doing it or don't include professional athletes in the first place. It's about wage differential. You can earn wage differential for workman's comp issues through the age of 67. It was intended to benefit pipe fitters, bus drivers, etc. McCaskey's and the other 4 pro teams in Chicago are on board with getting the age changed to 35. Lawyers have been arguing that players should receive wage differential through the age of 67 even though they'd be retired long before then and winning by the letter of Illinois law. It's very specific.

The more i read about it the more i don't like it. If an athlete injures a shoulder and cannot work certain jobs, they should be entitled to this process just like an iron worker injured on the job. I don't see why th typical retirement age of 35 should apply. This injury may prevent them from getting employment in the future. It may be even more applicable to professional athletes.

Here is the quote from an article: The law currently allows players to get paid for the term of their natural life, legally established at 67 years old. The issue isn't the retirement age but the age of the natural life.

TO will get there, everyone knows it, but there's a list of 15 guys who should be in the HOF already and there aren't enough spots to both clear out those guys and deal with new retirees. When you have that setup, then people are going to have more room to allow "did I like the guy or not" to influence things.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 01:12 PM)
TO will get there, everyone knows it, but there's a list of 15 guys who should be in the HOF already and there aren't enough spots to both clear out those guys and deal with new retirees. When you have that setup, then people are going to have more room to allow "did I like the guy or not" to influence things.

Yet TD gets in with 4 seasons...Maybe you think Sterling Sharpe should be in, and I do, but that's opening pandora's box. TO should have been in there WAY ahead of TD.

This is on the verge of being the least competitive playoffs I can remember. The Cowboys/Packers game went overtime and Steelers/Chiefs was kind of close although the Steelers were clearly better most of the game.

Well, at least there's some interest in this quarter.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 09:07 PM)
Great comeback but wow has Atlanta just completely s*** the bed.

After that Julio catch, run the ball 3 times, kick a field goal, and they are popping bottles right now.

And why did they keep hiking it with 20 seconds left on the play clock?