2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 10:16 PM)
After that Julio catch, run the ball 3 times, kick a field goal, and they are popping bottles right now.

And why did they keep hiking it with 20 seconds left on the play clock?

Yep but Jake Matthews is going to be particularly hated in Atlanta too. Two horrendous holding pentalties taking Falcons out of scoring drives.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 09:31 PM)
Yep but Jake Matthews is going to be particularly hated in Atlanta too. Two horrendous holding pentalties taking Falcons out of scoring drives.

The 2nd holding penalty doesn't happen if you ran a draw on 3rd and long and let your stud FG kicker make it an 11 point game.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 09:43 PM)
Lol the chorus of boos for goddell

Congrats the Marty Bennett, too

Lol at Kraft's f*** you to goddell

That was Gary Bettman esque booing.

I've always been a fan of Brady(even though I've said numerous times on here that I think Rodgers is better) but the fact that this game is the one that is going to cement his status as best ever for most people annoys me. He wasn't good at all today but because he made an awful throw that Edelman made a miraculous catch on and because his awful pick 6 allowed the Pats to make an amazing comeback is going to add to his legend. It's annoying.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 10:07 PM)
I've always been a fan of Brady(even though I've said numerous times on here that I think Rodgers is better) but the fact that this game is the one that is going to cement his status as best ever for most people annoys me. He wasn't good at all today but because he made an awful throw that Edelman made a miraculous catch on and because his awful pick 6 allowed the Pats to make an amazing comeback is going to add to his legend. It's annoying.

The pick 6 was bad and the miraculous catch made by Edelman wasn't great either, although it would have been one hell of an interception. That being said, my guess is that you would be in the minority thinking he wasn't good at all today. There were multiple drops by pats receivers and he was just money down the stretch (besides that crazy catch). I understand that it has to be frustrating though if you think Rodgers is better. Brady was thought of as the GOAT by most before this game, and it's just going to be the standard now.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 10:19 PM)
The pick 6 was bad and the miraculous catch made by Edelman wasn't great either, although it would have been one hell of an interception. That being said, my guess is that you would be in the minority thinking he wasn't good at all today. There were multiple drops by pats receivers and he was just money down the stretch (besides that crazy catch). I understand that it has to be frustrating though if you think Rodgers is better. Brady was thought of as the GOAT by most before this game, and it's just going to be the standard now.

He made some terrible throws too. They just didn't click until the 4th quarter basically.

Oh and Atlanta lost this game simply by not running the damn ball after Julio made his sweet catch with about 4 minutes left. Run the ball 3 times, chew it down to about 2:30 and kick a field goal. The game's over at that point.

I still maintain Montana is the greatest QB ever (4-0 in the Super Bowl cannot be ignored) but Brady is easily top 3... really top 2 after Montana. He was lucky he had the greatest coach of all time sure, but he's the one who has to throw the footballs. The media will portrait Brady as the greatest ever though, no doubt. There are still some who feel Montana is including myself.

Montana's cast included the likes of Roger Craig, Jerry Rice, Clark, Taylor, the West Coast Offense...

Otoh, it's hard to name more than a handful of standout running backs and WR's during those 11 AFC championship games and 7 Super Bowls...for the Pats.

You can argue they were both "system" QB's, but there's nobody in the world who doubted they were going to win when they got the ball to start OT.

In my lifetime, Manning, Marino and Favre all rank right up there (Marino a clear third)...Rodgers is the most physically talented performer and the most exciting since Vick in his early prime...but you have to give it to Brady because of how he consistently lifted journeyman like Welker and castoff players like Moss and managed to win with all of them (not to mention getting them to buy into the team concept.)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 05:12 AM)
castoff players like Moss

Lmfao. (And he didn't win with Moss) I'm drunk, but I stabd by what I said.

Two things the media won't talk about that SHOULD be talked about more. Julio's catch (it'll be Edelman's that they'll remember) and Belichick nearly pulling a Pete Carroll.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 05:31 AM)

Two things the media won't talk about that SHOULD be talked about more. Julio's catch (it'll be Edelman's that they'll remember) and Belichick nearly pulling a Pete Carroll.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/team...r-receiving.htm

Yeah, the 16-0 team lost to the NYG. The next year he was out with the ACL, Cassel was QB.

I'll try again. How many HoF players do you see on that list that overlapped careers? Ben Coates was a very good player, but he was at the end of his career by the time Brady was on the scene.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 05:31 AM)

Jones catch

Rajai Davis home run

Marcus Paige 3 pointer

Jalen Hurts TD run

Some incredbile plays in the clutch that will long be forgotten. There have some been pretty awesome finishes in championships the past season. Too bad I don't like half the teams that won.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 07:41 AM)
Jones catch

Rajai Davis home run

Marcus Paige 3 pointer

Jalen Hurts TD run

Some incredbile plays in the clutch that will long be forgotten. There have some been pretty awesome finishes in championships the past season. Too bad I don't like half the teams that won.

Don't forget Kearse's crazy catch right before Seattle decided to throw on the goal line.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 07:28 AM)
Ot winner netted me 4K. Thank you for sudden death

You took the pats -3?

I made an alternative line bet at -6.5 for the Patriots. At half time, I tilted and double down on them for 1K at +335. So I won a total 3K minus the initial loss.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 08:02 AM)
You took the pats -3?

I made an alternative line bet at -6.5 for the Patriots. At half time, I tilted and double down on them for 1K at +335. So I won a total 3K minus the initial loss.

Square pool.