2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 07:00 AM)
Someone stole Brady's jersey out of his bag following the game.

Some estimate its value to be around $500,000.

Right now the value is $0 until it's returned

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)
Shouldn't they be arresting him?

Is there a black market for that type of item...where the buyer never can even publicly acknowledge or display it?

Goodell, lol?

That' what happens to rare stolen art.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 04:59 PM)
Same. Every one ive ever done is 1,2,3, final.

Isn't this unfair to anyone who ends up with the same number for each side?

If you have 3,3 your options for winning are lowered if the pool doesn't pay a tie at the end of the 4th quarter.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 10:08 AM)
Isn't this unfair to anyone who ends up with the same number for each side?

If you have 3,3 your options for winning are lowered if the pool doesn't pay a tie at the end of the 4th quarter.

3,3 is way more likely than 5,2. You still have 13-3, 23-3, 23-13.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 01:56 PM)
The annual email from Ted Phillips arrived today. Despite the worst season in almost 40 years, season tickets prices will increase 1 to 4%. But it's the first increase in 3 years, so we got that going for us.

He also basically said they are going nuts in free agency

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 01:58 PM)
I was listening to the radio today and they were vehemently against the Bears trading for Jimmy G. I'd tend to agree. I think it'd be better if they drafted a QB instead of paying a premium for a 1 year rental (unless they tag/extend him).

There is no way the Bears are meeting the Jimmy G price and he is a one year rental. That said, it really would make me wonder why a team that seems to know what it is doing better than any other team would trade a franchise QB when they are always in win now mode and have a QB that will be 40 years old.

It is amazing when you look at NE's roster how many castoffs and later round picks make up their roster. If they are Bears they are probably 6-10.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
I try not to compare anything the Patriots do to what other teams are doing. They may have the best coach in the history of the game. Everything they do is unique to them.

Obviously he's a great coach, but he was 41-55 his first 6 seasons as a HC. So there is something he either figured out coaching-wise or personnel-wise that no one else seems to grasp.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 11:58 AM)
I was listening to the radio today and they were vehemently against the Bears trading for Jimmy G. I'd tend to agree. I think it'd be better if they drafted a QB instead of paying a premium for a 1 year rental (unless they tag/extend him).

He is getting a big contract if we trade for him (pre-req for getting him). The big question I'd have is, if you are going to trade for a QB, is it Jimmy G, do you like at AJ McCarron, or do you just say screw it and offer up the #3 overall pick to Washington for Cousins and give him his big contract? I also don't know whether Washington would make that deal, part of that comes down to how amicable the two sides are in their negotiation. Cousins clearly wants to get paid top QB money and I presume he will become the highest paid QB in the league this year (not saying he's the best, just his contract will be the newest and thus in terms of guaranteed dough, he's going to get mega bucks).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 12:33 PM)
Obviously he's a great coach, but he was 41-55 his first 6 seasons as a HC. So there is something he either figured out coaching-wise or personnel-wise that no one else seems to grasp.

Yeah...he figured that the best QB of all time can make a good coach look like a genius. I'm fairly certain if you gave Aaron Rodgers to Lovie, he'd look like a genius too, same with a lot of other coaches. Not knocking Bill, but I tend to believe he gets more credit then he deserves. The Pats have made their fare share of bad moves, including the Chandler Jones trade. They also let Wes Welker walk to sign Amedola and in hindsight I think that was a poor move.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
I try not to compare anything the Patriots do to what other teams are doing. They may have the best coach in the history of the game. Everything they do is unique to them.

Which is exactly why the idea of trading for their back up QB scares the crap out of me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
Which is exactly why the idea of trading for their back up QB scares the crap out of me.

Trading for anyone's backup is a risky proposition, there aren't many 2nd stringers that are ready to start and also available

I wouldn't worry about where he is coming from, I would want my scouts to sell me on him based on his college tape and what little pro tape he had from earlier this year

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 02:46 PM)
Yeah...he figured that the best QB of all time can make a good coach look like a genius. I'm fairly certain if you gave Aaron Rodgers to Lovie, he'd look like a genius too, same with a lot of other coaches. Not knocking Bill, but I tend to believe he gets more credit then he deserves.

Man, I thought there was no way for me to disagree with you more than I do in the NBA thread. I was wrong.

Yeah...he figured that the best QB of all time can make a good coach look like a genius. I'm fairly certain if you gave Aaron Rodgers to Lovie, he'd look like a genius too, same with a lot of other coaches. Not knocking Bill, but I tend to believe he gets more credit then he deserves. The Pats have made their fare share of bad moves, including the Chandler Jones trade. They also let Wes Welker walk to sign Amedola and in hindsight I think that was a poor move.

You are selling him way short and those are two bad examples anyhow.

The Jones trade netted them their starting left guard all season and a good young receiver in Malcolm Mitchell. Plus, they still won the Super Bowl.

And Wes welker hasn't played a football game in 1.5 seasons while Amendola is still a Patriot so that worked out pretty well too. That's why the "downgraded " to a guy on the right side of 30.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)
You are selling him way short and those are two bad examples anyhow.

The Jones trade netted them their starting left guard all season and a good young receiver in Malcolm Mitchell. Plus, they still won the Super Bowl.

And Wes welker hasn't played a football game in 1.5 seasons while Amendola is still a Patriot so that worked out pretty well too. That's why the "downgraded " to a guy on the right side of 30.

Umm they got Jonathan Cooper in that trade who was cut and signed with 3 separate teams this year. He wasn't the Patriots starter.

I think he is a genius. Just because you have a hall of fame QB doesn't mean you are always going to the Super Bowl.

Packers have Aaron Rodgers and have been to one Super Bowl. Same with Drew Brees, hell he can't even get back to the playoffs. Payton Manning only went to three and the last one almost had nothing to do with him.

The fact that the Patriots have made it to 7 Super Bowls with him as coach in this free agent era is maybe the greatest accomplishment in the history of the NFL.

7 Super Bowls!!! That is just crazy. I will die happy if the Packers can just get back one more time with Rodgers. I couldn't imagine going 7 times.