2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 11:29 AM)
Brady's numbers were also super pedestrian pre Randy Moss year, he wasn't carrying the team to anything back then. Dude is obviously a great qb and one of the best ever but I'll stick with team Beli.

His overall numbers were pedestrian but you may also have to correct for the era. In 2002, his 2nd full season, he led the league in passing TD with 28. In 2005, he led the league in passing yards, with 4110.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 06:53 PM)
Was there really TWO people here who think Joe Flacco is a hall of farmer????!!!

The Joe Flacco who has a career completion percentage and passer rating lower than Jay Cutler?

I never said he was a Hall of Farmer.

I'd have to see him work with cattle and a tractor before I could make that assertion.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:49 AM)
As a snake bitten bears fan, I am very nervous about this "betters have Bears in lead to land Garrapolo" stuff. I just have no confidence that this will work out.

I know it is probably irrational but I fully expect if we make a trade with the Patriots that Rick Mirer will get off of that plane. The Patriots just scream system. People go there and because super-human, and when they leave, they are never the same. We already saw that with their last back up QB they traded.

There are so many things just screaming at me that this will fail, I'd rather just go through the draft and try that way.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 08:39 AM)
For the record I don't think he is a hall of famer.

I do think he is a pretty qb though. The year he won the Super Bowl, he was very good. In the playoffs he threw 11 touchdowns and 0 INT.

Flacco should thank Rahim Moore for everything he now has. If Moore just plays extra extra deep and doesn't let anyone pass him like he is supposed to, Joe Flacco never makes the Super Bowl and is just another QB

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)
I know it is probably irrational but I fully expect if we make a trade with the Patriots that Rick Mirer will get off of that plane. The Patriots just scream system. People go there and because super-human, and when they leave, they are never the same. We already saw that with their last back up QB they traded.

There are so many things just screaming at me that this will fail, I'd rather just go through the draft and try that way.

I cant agree more. In no universe should the Bears trade for him, unless the Patriots are giving him away for a pick that is lower than the 4th round. Otherwise the Bears need all the picks they can get.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)

I'd rather draft a QB as well. With that being said, my top QB target would be Tyrod Taylor if he gets released. I could live with Garoppolo for a 2nd rounder + if Pace believes he's the guy.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
I'd rather draft a QB as well. With that being said, my top QB target would be Tyrod Taylor if he gets released. I could live with Garoppolo for a 2nd rounder + if Pace believes he's the guy.

With only 1 year left on his contract its just too risky. If he busts, hes a free agent next year and then youd have to re-sign him so the trade doesnt look terrible. If he does good, you are talking about giving a guy a Oswieler deal on 1 year of play.

If he was 1 year into his deal, Id consider it, but with 1 year left, not really something Id be interested in.

I'm just hoping Pace stays the course and fans/media stay patient with him. Seems as though the media is the main culprit trying to say Pace (and Fox) is gone if the Bears don't get to at least .500 next season so he has to do quick fixes which will hurt this franchise in the long run.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)

I have no problem with them picking up a Taylor or Romo off of the street if possible. Keep the position warm until you get draft/develop a guy. In the mean time, take one of the defensive difference makers. The D is the closest thing to legit that the Bears have. If they get guys to push pressure on a QB, that could turn them around quicker than a QB as the Bears still have some big holes on O.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 10:11 AM)
What's so great about Tyrod Taylor?

Nothing. My view is the Bears have kicked the can on QB for forever (really until they made the strong play for Jay...which didn't work out for a variety of reasons, but it is still a play I would make). My view is we need to stop kicking the QB can down the road. Tyrod is a solid stop-gap, but we don't need stop-gap, we need an above average franchise QB and we need to keep drafting (or trading for) QB's until we get one.

All that said, Tyrod is a solid QB and he can help the Bears be a playoff team sooner, but I don't see us winning a superbowl with him at the helm and we need to find a QB who can help us be that type of team. I'm still annoyed we didn't draft a QB last year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)
Nothing. My view is the Bears have kicked the can on QB for forever (really until they made the strong play for Jay...which didn't work out for a variety of reasons, but it is still a play I would make). My view is we need to stop kicking the QB can down the road. Tyrod is a solid stop-gap, but we don't need stop-gap, we need an above average franchise QB and we need to keep drafting (or trading for) QB's until we get one.

All that said, Tyrod is a solid QB and he can help the Bears be a playoff team sooner, but I don't see us winning a superbowl with him at the helm and we need to find a QB who can help us be that type of team. I'm still annoyed we didn't draft a QB last year.

This is true. When Cutler arrived, he was the savior. The QB position has been so bad, I don't know why anyone would think they aren't going to have any problem finding one that will lead them to where they want to go. But you might as well pick one every year in case you get lucky. Not picking one hasn't helped.

Tyrod is a one year stop gap(and possibly more) while still having a decent amount of upside. You obviously still a draft a quarterback this year as well but that would give you some options. I'd definitely rather go down that road than to trade a boatload for someone who is just as much of a mystery as a rookie like Jimmy G is.

Edited by Rowand44

Tyrod Taylor is pretty underrated actually. He's been playing in a Bills offense with a good running game and no WR. He's 27, throws a good deep ball, can add around 600 rushing yards per year and doesn't turn the ball over. You can win with Tyrod Taylor. I'd much rather sign Tyrod as a FA and draft a QB at some point than trade premium picks for Jimmy Garoppolo.