2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
So let me ask a question....with Denver basically having minimal options (and defending champs), do the Bears dangle Cutler?

Oh yeah definitely. It would be a bold move by Pace but hell if they want to offer some 1st rd action he has to listen.

Would they want to go back down that road again though?

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Oh yeah definitely. It would be a bold move by Pace but hell if they want to offer some 1st rd action he has to listen.

Would they want to go back down that road again though?

95% of Broncos fans absolutely dispise Cutler. No way are they trading for him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
So let me ask a question....with Denver basically having minimal options (and defending champs), do the Bears dangle Cutler?

If Osweiler is getting $18M per year, then Cutler's contract looks pretty damn good right now. I'm not sure why the Bears would move on until they have their replacement ready.

Also, to echo what Kevo said further down the thread, Broncos fans despise Cutler. And, oddly, every couple months, I meet someone who seriously suggests bringing Tebow back...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Bears are signing former Broncos LB Danny Trevathan, per source.

bmags, you can now breathe.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
Guard. IMO.

Spot on. I like this move more with Long back to being a mauler at guard. Upgrades at two spots on the line, with one being a significant upgrade (Long replacing the crap we had at guard last year). Go back to Long and Slausson beasting as guards.

Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 40s40 seconds ago

Sources indicate that #Bears have plans to move Kyle Long back to guard. FA would help dictate that, and now OT Bobby Massie to sign.

So far they have signed LB Danny Trevthan and OT Bobby Massie. Resigned OT Nick Becton, RB Jacquizz Rodgers, and CB Tracy Porter.

Have been connected to OG Louis Vazquez, S TaShaun Gipson, S David Bruton, CB Patrick Robinson, and CB Casey Heyward.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 02:28 PM)
Hope he stays healthy. I thought he was really good last year.

Ian Rapoport on Twitter: "The #Bears are re-signing CB Tracy Porter, source said. They rejuvenated his career there.

3 yr deal per Briggs. Presume we will still look at safety plus Dline.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 04:32 PM)
So far they have signed LB Danny Trevthan and OT Bobby Massie. Resigned OT Nick Becton, RB Jacquizz Rodgers, and CB Tracy Porter.

Have been connected to OG Louis Vazquez, S TaShaun Gipson, S David Bruton, CB Patrick Robinson, and CB Casey Heyward.

I know Hayward was great a few years back, is he still good?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
I know Hayward was great a few years back, is he still good?

Yes.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 04:39 PM)
3 years/16.5m for porter.

Wonder how much in guaranteed money. Good to have him back, but still think they get another one or draft one.