2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
FWIW, Freeman was PFFs 2nd ranked ILB, while Trev ranked 6th.

They also had Lawrence Timmons ranked as the 56th best ILB last year. Which is crazy.

I like PFF, but I'm not sure how they rate linebackers.

I saw the Bears were showing some interest in Scott Tolzien. I think he would be a really good back up. Showed a lot of improvement the past two years. Packers would never let him go if they didn't have Brett Hundley.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 2m2 minutes ago

The Cleveland #Browns officially cut Johnny Manziel.

Maybe he's the Broncos' new QB...

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
I saw the Bears were showing some interest in Scott Tolzien. I think he would be a really good back up. Showed a lot of improvement the past two years. Packers would never let him go if they didn't have Brett Hundley.

Cutler will not make 16 games and it's really annoying how bad some of our backups consistently are. I hope we sign Tolzein but also would enjoy drafting Dak Prescott.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
Cutler will not make 16 games and it's really annoying how bad some of our backups consistently are. I hope we sign Tolzein but also would enjoy drafting Dak Prescott.

I think drafting Prescott is more realistic. Word is that Pace loves him.

Anybody hearing this Mohammed Wilkerson chatter? Is this really happening??

Scratch that. Think I'm getting punked. Don't see it being reported anywhere.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
Anybody hearing this Mohammed Wilkerson chatter? Is this really happening??

Scratch that. Think I'm getting punked. Don't see it being reported anywhere.

Bears acquired him for Bennett and a 2nd round pick? Legit or no?

I was ecstatic. I knew it was too good to be true. I started getting multiple texts about it, which was the only reason I though it might be true. Then I did my own search and couldn't find a thing about it.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
I was ecstatic. I knew it was too good to be true. I started getting multiple texts about it, which was the only reason I though it might be true. Then I did my own search and couldn't find a thing about it.

Seemed legit enough to me. A 2nd rounder plus whatever big money we'd give him, wouldn't necessarily be unrealistic. That said, I presume Jets are going to give him the bucks.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)
Seemed legit enough to me. A 2nd rounder plus whatever big money we'd give him, wouldn't necessarily be unrealistic. That said, I presume Jets are going to give him the bucks.

I agree. I just didn't think the Bears would pull off a Blockbuster deal for a stud 26 year old DL - an area that's a major need while getting rid of a locker room cancer. That part seemed to good to be true.

But yeah, in theory, a really good TE and a 2nd rounder (plus saving cap space that will be needed for Sheldon Richardson) wouldn't be pretty fair. Jets DL depth is insane already, so they don't necessarily need Wilkerson.

I wasn't looking at twitter but I got a BleacherReport notification about the trade happening and freaked out. How are these corporations getting this s*** wrong? Just look for the check mark. ESPN put it on their air again too. Just so stupid.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
I wasn't looking at twitter but I got a BleacherReport notification about the trade happening and freaked out. How are these corporations getting this s*** wrong? Just look for the check mark. ESPN put it on their air again too. Just so stupid.

They are so eager to get the information out there in real time as its happening they jump the gun all the time. Everyone does it.