2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
That is not going to end well.

I'm not trying to be constantly negative or "miserable" when I write these things, but Kyle Long is overrated. Bears fans like to pretend that because he's achieved the mostly meaningless Pro Bowl designation a few times Long is really in that elite company. He's really not though. At guard? Maybe, he's a pretty good guard but I wouldn't call him elite. He was definitely mediocre at RT last year. That experiment should be over.

And yet you are constantly negative.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 01:14 AM)
I am hoping the Cowboys take Cook tomorrow. Could use a QB to cover Romo's annual clavicle break.

He is a very good QB but has two major concerns. 1. He is a huge douche. 2. He may have a dead arm.

Fangio and Fox know their s*** my guess the Floyd pick was their idea and they have a plan.

The next two picks were steals. White hair will be the center if grasu does not pan out.

They have great depth on the o line.

Safety, RB and qb are needs today.

Yesterday was best player available day and it was a huge win for the Bears.

Should be an interesting day 3 for the Bears. Guys like Killebrew, Cash, Canady, etc. are still out there. I'm sure a QB will be selected also. I was a big Prescott fan, but I can see Brandon Allen since he has a connection with one of the coaches here.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
That is not going to end well.

I'm not trying to be constantly negative or "miserable" when I write these things, but Kyle Long is overrated. Bears fans like to pretend that because he's achieved the mostly meaningless Pro Bowl designation a few times Long is really in that elite company. He's really not though. At guard? Maybe, he's a pretty good guard but I wouldn't call him elite. He was definitely mediocre at RT last year. That experiment should be over.

Hawt taek

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Howard and Dixon could be terrific 4th round picks. Both look like future starters.

Yeah we pick second half of fourth, will be interesting if they are there

I'm hoping we see Zach Sanchez drafted with one of the picks. Really solid in coverage but just has to become a better tackler.

Jalen Mills, listed as a S, is another guy I really like at CB. Looked fantastic at the Senior Bowl.

My guy Nick VanHoose is being criminally underrated and he's another guy I like at CB. Could probably grab him in the 5th if the pass on corner in the 4th.

For the 4th round I'm hoping for Sanchez/Mills, Jarrell Adams(TE), and Dak Prescott.......

I may be alone on this, but I think Antrell Rolle is your starting safety next year and am 100% fine with that. Also liked Jones-Quarterly a bit.

RB was Elliot or bust for me. Go with Langford/Carey for a year and if that doesn't work out, next years class is loaded.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:40 AM)

My top targets for today:

RB Kenneth Dixon Louisiana Tech

RB Jordan Howard Indiana

S Miles Killebrew Southern Utah

QB Dak Prescott Mississippi State

TE Jerrell Adams South Carolina

WR Kolby Listenbee TCU

WR Devin Cajuste Stanford

RB Josh Ferguson

S Jalen Mills

S Jayron Kearse

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
What is the time per pick?

We have pick 101 on the clock. Bears 117, 124 and 127. That's gotta be at least an hour til that run starts right?

Good bet. 5 min per pick. Moves pretty quick but they don't announce them as fast as they come in.