Mets reliever/closer Jenrry Mejia permanently suspended from MLB

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
He is the first player in MLB history to be banned from the league for PED use and joins Pete Rose as the only living players to be banned from baseball.

I'm pretty sure Andy Gonzalez is banned from baseball. At least he should be

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, STOP CHEATING DUMB ASS!!!

Hahahaha, exactly. Is he really that desperate or that stupid to be caught for a 3rd time? It's not even like he did this over a long length of time - he got himself caught three times in under a year!

• 3 weeks later...

NY Times: Jenrry Mejia Says Baseball Officials Orchestrated His Lifetime Ban

But Mejia, 26, said in an interview Thursday that he was guilty only of the first doping offense. After the second positive test, which he said was somehow inaccurate, he was pressured by Major League Baseball officials to share information about his doping connections, he said.

Mejia said that baseball officials told him that if he appealed the punishment for the second doping offense, “they will find a way to find a third positive,” Mejia said through an interpreter. “I felt there was a conspiracy against me. I feel that they were trying to find something to bring me down in my career.”