2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of West but am all for speeding up the game. I'm glad I don't have to read a headline of another no hitter that is associated with the Cubs. But I'll have to see headlines and posts about a Cubs World Series this year. Book it. It's almost healthier to accept it before it happens.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
I'm not a fan of West but am all for speeding up the game. I'm glad I don't have to read a headline of another no hitter that is associated with the Cubs. But I'll have to see headlines and posts about a Cubs World Series this year. Book it. It's almost healthier to accept it before it happens.

I'm with you. I already expect them to win it all this year. I have to accept the fact i have to deal with gloating cub fans for a awhile. I am thinking it is good to them finally win and have cubs fans stfu about it already.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 13, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
2013 Red Sox, 2009 Yankees, 2007 Red Sox are the only three teams in the past decade to win the World Series after having the best record in baseball.

If you wanna crown the Cubs, then crown their asses. But that's why we have the playoffs.

Here's to hoping you're right. Would love them to end up like the 2001 Mariners.

2013 Red Sox, 2009 Yankees, 2007 Red Sox are the only three teams in the past decade to win the World Series after having the best record in baseball.

If you wanna crown the Cubs, then crown their asses. But that's why we have the playoffs.

I agree. My heart wants them gone in the first round but my mind says WS.

I totally just thought "wait a minute, the 2005 White Sox had the best record in baseball".

Then realized you added "the past decade" and remembered how long this franchise has been moribund.

I can has sad now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)
I totally just thought "wait a minute, the 2005 White Sox had the best record in baseball".

Then realized you added "the past decade" and remembered how long this franchise has been moribund.

I can has sad now.

They actually didn't, the 2005 Cardinals were 1 game better at 100-62.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/whos-respon...pitching-stats/

I wonder how much this is going to affect Hendricks' Cy Young chances. He's been incredible, but it's not a coincidence that literally every Cubs SP is among the leaders in lowest BABIP allowed. He has the benefit of pitching in front of a historically great defense.

Can you believe the Chicago Cubs are going to win the 2016 World Series? It's here and it's happening, folks. And if they win it, the Sox are irrelevant forever.

It actually probably would be good for the Sox. To get our front office moving. Chicago is a championship city right now. The Hawks always win the Cup; the Sox won it in 05; the Bulls had the Jordan dynasty. it's crazy. Now the Cubs -- WS champs. It's going to be tough to stomach.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2016 -> 10:00 PM)
Can you believe the Chicago Cubs are going to win the 2016 World Series? It's here and it's happening, folks. And if they win it, the Sox are irrelevant forever.

It actually probably would be good for the Sox. To get our front office moving. Chicago is a championship city right now. The Hawks always win the Cup; the Sox won it in 05; the Bulls had the Jordan dynasty. it's crazy. Now the Cubs -- WS champs. It's going to be tough to stomach.

Sweet molasses of Parnassus, we just guaranteed the Cubs lose!

tumblr_njr9nvsWeW1si3gq6o1_r1_500.gif

Does anyone else read Greg's posts by switching back between voices of Randy Quaid's character from Major League and Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh?

Woah, bro.

Can you tell me the winning lottery numbers for next week too since you know the future?

You betting your house?

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Sep 15, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)
I'm with you Greg. It's really an amazing time to be a live and in the great city of Chicago. I, for one, moved near Wrigley field (within a walk 0.5 mi away) to get to enjoy this wonderful moment coming.

Well Greg just jinxed the hell out of it.