2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
Kaplan thinks they trade Soler now. If it's for Ross...good lord

Unless they are giving up a lot of other value in addition to Soler that would be an outrageously bad deal for San Diego. Soler hasn't shown he can ever stay healthy and he was horrendous defensively last year while also being a below average hitter. His bat has a lot of potential but between the terrible D and injuries I wouldn't value him particularly highly.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
Unless they are giving up a lot of other value in addition to Soler that would be an outrageously bad deal for San Diego. Soler hasn't shown he can ever stay healthy and he was horrendous defensively last year while also being a below average hitter. His bat has a lot of potential but between the terrible D and injuries I wouldn't value him particularly highly.

Yes. At this point, how much better is Soler than Avi? And he gets paid a little more as well.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
Really curious as to what happened because that's a scummy thing to do by Fowler. Orioles fans are rightfully really pissed off right now.

I agree. If he agreed pending a physical, then what he did was bad. Maybe the reporters jumped the gun. OTOH, the Orioles can't complain because as they have shown time after time, a deal is not a deal until they say the physical went perfectly.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
I agree. If he agreed pending a physical, then what he did was bad. Maybe the reporters jumped the gun. OTOH, the Orioles can't complain because as they have shown time after time, a deal is not a deal until they say the physical went perfectly.

Yep, if it was any other team I'd feel bad for them.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Feb 24, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
Roll call!

Black Sox

Jerksticks

Alexeihhhhyyyeees (love your name dude if i never said it)

Littlehurt05

Dick Allen

Sign up. Reading anything that spoiled turd Brett writes on bleachernation makes me want to puke. Yes, I troll that page. It's little battles like reminding them they tanked, that Sam Zell used their fanbase like an old whore, that their players are still prospects and may bust, or that now that they have Schwarber all the traditionalist-purity-of-the-NL-pitchers-need-to-hit-to-call-it-real-baseball whining phonies are going to turn heels and become the biggest hypocrites on earth clammoring for the DH when he posts a -50 dWAR this year. Winning those little battles of reminding them it's BS helps a bit.

I'm going to need a therapist if they win

Get ready to spend through your deductible sometime in the next 4-6 years.

Clearly Fowler wanted to play for the Cubs. What a difference 10 years makes.

Edited by AustinIllini