2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 12:30 AM)
Seriously, why would a team like the Cubs EVER want to bat their pitcher? Every game they bench a top prospect because they have to let the pitcher bat.

Lol dude...you are a compete joke. Maybe because it means they're playing at home, which to anyone who actually follows sports knows provides a competative advantage. Or maybe because if their pitcher is batting, it means their AL counterpart is losing a more important hitter from their lineup or weakening a defensive position. But you're right, Javier Baez is better than Davis Ortiz or Edwin Encarcion.

The only good news from this implosion is it has proven you're a Cubs fan once and for all. It's long been speculated, but you toned down your completely biased Cubs views for a while when you switched your name from AustinSox to Deadpool. But arguing against home field advantage and then being a total dick to fellow Sox fans when you get called out is the final nail in the coffin.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 12:30 AM)
Seriously, why would a team like the Cubs EVER want to bat their pitcher? Every game they bench a top prospect because they have to let the pitcher bat.

That's a better argument with Schwarber available but he's not. Right now that potentially means they'd rather have Baez or Soler vs Ortiz or Hanley and not have the intangibles of game 7 at home.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 01:31 AM)
If you think a thong is a penis, then I've got a book for you...

1568843844.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

That makes you look so much smarter.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 7, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)
I would like my display name to be "MrBananaHammock7".

Thank you.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)
What reason would there be for your screen name essentially to be "penis"?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 06:13 AM)
Lol dude...you are a compete joke. Maybe because it means they're playing at home, which to anyone who actually follows sports knows provides a competative advantage. Or maybe because if their pitcher is batting, it means their AL counterpart is losing a more important hitter from their lineup or weakening a defensive position. But you're right, Javier Baez is better than Davis Ortiz or Edwin Encarcion.

The only good news from this implosion is it has proven you're a Cubs fan once and for all. It's long been speculated, but you toned down your completely biased Cubs views for a while when you switched your name from AustinSox to Deadpool. But arguing against home field advantage and then being a total dick to fellow Sox fans when you get called out is the final nail in the coffin.

We are still in a Cubs thread. Talking about THE CUBS. You haven't met me, you don't know anything about me, and my fandom is none of your business. The fact that the Cubs are more compelling has nothing to do with the White Sox.

And how appropriate is it that the most pathetic bully on soxtalk is literally named "Chicago White Sox"? It's like JR hired you to troll the Cubs discussion. Except, JR wouldn't do that because JR doesn't care about the Cubs because he's not delusional.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 06:26 AM)
That's a better argument with Schwarber available but he's not. Right now that potentially means they'd rather have Baez or Soler vs Ortiz or Hanley and not have the intangibles of game 7 at home.

This. Ortiz, Alvarez, Encarnacion, Santana/Napoli > Baez/Soler. The only team where the Cubs might have an advantage is vs. Texas (unless Fielder breaks out of his slump in the second half). Also, take a look at the home/road splits for AL contenders and the Cubs. Every team has a MUCH better record at home this year. Absolutely no reason why the Cubs wouldn't want home field in the World Series. It's all hypothetical anyway because the Cubs aren't getting to the Series this year.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 06:50 AM)
We are still in a Cubs thread. Talking about THE CUBS. You haven't met me, you don't know anything about me, and my fandom is none of your business. The fact that the Cubs are more compelling has nothing to do with the White Sox.

And how appropriate is it that the most pathetic bully on soxtalk is literally named "Chicago White Sox"? It's like JR hired you to troll the Cubs discussion. Except, JR wouldn't do that because JR doesn't care about the Cubs because he's not delusional.

Lol...I'm a bully now for calling out a poster who claims an NL team would be better off without home field advantage for no logical reason? You can't be serious right? Go ahead and talk about the Cubs as much as your little heart likes. But once you start being unobjective and letting your Cubs fandom get in the way, you're going to get called out, especially when you're doing it on a Sox message board. So either toughen up or stop making stupid arguments. If that bothers you, maybe the internet just isn't for you.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 07:10 AM)
This is the same guy who claimed the Cubs could trade for Trout with a handful of prospects, being called out for dumb arguments is not the same as bullying.

Tell me where I said the Cubs don't want home field. I'll wait.

NL lost, fine. Take the extra bat.

In fairness, the Cubs could offer a pretty large handful of MLB ready prospects. Wilson Contreras was a prospect back then. The Angels weren't likely to move him anyway. History has been horrible for teams that trade HOFers.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 01:31 AM)
If you think a thong is a penis, then I've got a book for you...

1568843844.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Do a google search for it. Post a picture of one on this board. See what happens.

It's a violation of forum guidelines, actually

"Slurs and crude sexual terminology will not be tolerated. There is no reason that people, situations, etc. need to be described in such a disgusting manner on the board."
Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 07:10 AM)
This is the same guy who claimed the Cubs could trade for Trout with a handful of prospects, being called out for dumb arguments is not the same as bullying.

It's actually a violation of forum guidelines. It's specifically written in them.

We would ask that this site become much more about debate then attacking one's viewpoints. That is what makes Soxtalk great, not the ability to be vulgar. Please follow these guidelines.

Calling someone's argument "dumb" is attacking their viewpoint. Fine, I'm wrong. Tell me why, don't say "This is the dumbest thing I have ever read", because that's clearly NOT what Soxtalk.com is about.

And if you think my post is dumb, go read the Penn State scandal thread from when Paterno died. A lot of people showed their behinds that day.

Edited by Deadpool

LF--I'll cede that to the Cubs

CF--Bradley, Jr. over Fowler

RF--Betts clearly over Heyward

3B--Bryant

SS--Bogaerts

2B--Pedroia over Zobrist, close battle, could go either way...Zobrist isn't the strongest infield defender

1B--Rizzo over Hanley

DH--clear advantage to Ortiz over anyone the Cubs have (Baez/Soler, etc.)

C--slight advantage to the Cubs, Swihart and Vasquez have been disappointments, but so has Montero...win this one because of the last month of Contreras

4 go to the Cubs. 5 to the Red Sox

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 07:37 AM)
Tell me where I said the Cubs don't want home field. I'll wait.

NL lost, fine. Take the extra bat.

In fairness, the Cubs could offer a pretty large handful of MLB ready prospects. Wilson Contreras was a prospect back then. The Angels weren't likely to move him anyway. History has been horrible for teams that trade HOFers.

Baseball is the only sport that literally gives a tangible advantage to the home team.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 06:13 AM)

Seriously, Wrigley Field has to be one of the absolute biggest home fields advantages in October in all of baseball. Ignoring that is just being argumentative.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
Why do you spend your time on a Sox board? Serious question.

Because I grew up in Chicago, I'm a White Sox fan. I don't hate the Cubs but I recognize they are really good.

Honestly, I like to talk about baseball.