2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 06:43 AM)
That makes you look so much smarter.

Just because one person doesn't know what a Banana Hammock is doesn't mean you too have be wrong. Feel free to google it, the internet is REALLY cool for easily found information.

EDIT: Yay! You finally googled it! Everyone got to see in real time a person realize that a thong and a penis aren't the same thing. This was truly heartwarming.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 12:46 PM)
Just because one person doesn't know what a Banana Hammock is doesn't mean you too have be wrong. Feel free to google it, the internet is REALLY cool for easily found information.

EDIT: Yay! You finally googled it! Everyone got to see in real time a person realize that a thong and a penis aren't the same thing. This was truly heartwarming.

Read that again. Proofread your burns, child.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 02:24 PM)
Amazing to hear Cubs fans in the Chicago media today complain so much about Cubs not having home field advantage in a potential WS due to ASG.

Its already predetermined that they will be there of course.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 02:24 PM)
Amazing to hear Cubs fans in the Chicago media today complain so much about Cubs not having home field advantage in a potential WS due to ASG.

That might be the least surprising thing I have heard this year related to the Cubs.

It's a conspiracy. Of course. How could it not be?

Cueto took a big payoff to groove those two pitches to Hosmer and Perez to make up for now badly he pitched in August and September last year.

Also surprised the Cubs haven't already offered the Padres big bucks to turn that seat where Bryant's homer against Sale landed in LF into a permanent exhibit about his greatness, with the seat changed to Cubbie Blue and Bryant's uniform number and autograph on it.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 06:54 PM)
You posted not even 12 hours ago to "stop the dumb" in this thread.

The comment you posted above is dumb. Not sure why you're always trying to pick fights with me.

Because you came in this thread starting s*** for no reason, just like you did when you went out of your way to call me stupid for spelling Zimmermann wrong.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 07:51 PM)
Give me one logical reason why a Cubs fan should want to be on a White Sox forum. I'm waiting.

There are Cubs fans who dont hate the Sox are are just looking to converse. 'Merica

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 07:51 PM)
Give me one logical reason why a Cubs fan should want to be on a White Sox forum. I'm waiting.

We have royals, twins fans on the board, we have had Indians and Red Sox fans in the past. Deadpool says he is a white sox fan, and while he spends a lot of time on this thread, it seriously isn't your place to call anyone out and act as if they have no right to be on this board. You don't decide priveleges.

Run along now

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 07:55 PM)
We have royals, twins fans on the board, we have had Indians and Red Sox fans in the past. Deadpool says he is a white sox fan, and while he spends a lot of time on this thread, it seriously isn't your place to call anyone out and act as if they have no right to be on this board. You don't decide priveleges.

Run along now

I'm not deciding anyone's "privileges". I just don't understand it. If he wants to be on a Sox forum even though he isn't a Sox fan, more power to him. It just makes no sense to me when there are a gazillion Cubs forums out there that would be of more value to him.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 08:21 AM)
Did anyone see the play a he plate that Arrieta was called safe on? That is the reason review is needed. It was an absolutely horrendous call that was over turned.

I'll not only agree, but I'll do you one better. Replace one of the field umpires with a replay umpire who watches every play from live media cam.

There's no need to ever get a call wrong and the coach shouldn't have to demand the umpires correct themselves, either.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
Anyone see the report from Rosenthal saying the Cubs almost traded Baez to the Padres for Pomeranz and then flip Pomeranz for a pitcher with more years of control?

He didn't seem to indicate that the trade almost happened. It sounded like the Cubs asked about Pomeranz, the Pads asked for Baez in return, and the Cubs scoffed at that.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
The Cubs love of Baez is confounding.

A sportswriter on Twitter brought up that awful Baez-for-Quintana idea a few days ago and a bunch of Cubs fans hated the idea. They're truly delusional.