2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)
Have a feeling they go after someone big like Archer or Gray

https://mobile.twitter.com/spshoot/status/755902564420444160

I would not be going after starting pitching if I were them. Even with a bad streak their starters still can stand equal with anyone as can their offense. Put a bullpen with that and see what happens.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
Entertaining to see Julie Dicaro melting down about Cubs likely getting Chapman.

I don't think it is entertaining to see or hear someone upset about their favorite team acquiring someone who has been involved in domestic abuse. Especially someone who has been raped. Not really entertaining at all

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
So what is more embarrassing, having a guy who cuts up jerseys or a guy that fires 8 shots when he gets into an argument with his wife on the roster?

While Chris Sale's move was stupid, it is no where near the level of a guy who beats his wife, does drugs, drives drunk, etc.

Gotta love Kaplan having no problem with his Cubs getting Chapman, yet he acted like the Sox actions towards LaRoche was worse thing ever. Bernstein is definitely not happy about Cubs getting Chapman.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
Gotta love Kaplan having no problem with his Cubs getting Chapman, yet he acted like the Sox actions towards LaRoche was worse thing ever. Bernstein is definitely not happy about Cubs getting Chapman.

Bernstein is the ultimate social justice warrior so no surprise there

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)

Kaplan is a glorified Cubs homer that happens to have a TV gig. I don't know why anyone would take anything of value out of his ramblings.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
Kaplan is approaching it wrong because he's a giant boob, but the idea isn't wrong.

We are root for the jersey, not really the player. Chapman seems like a giant piece of garbage, but damn can he throw hard.

We are all sports fans. We all witnessed 2005 (aside from Mike who I think was like 2 when it happened. :P ). When "your guys" are winning playoff series, you're not thinking "Well I'm really happy about this but I wish Chapman wasn't on my team right now...."

Cubs fans may be having a hard time with it right now. Once he puts on that jersey and records that first save, no one will be thinking about the DV charges from the off-season. Does that make it right? No. But Theo and Jed know they'll take a PR hit now. If they win the whole thing and Chapman records the save, you think there is a writer in this town that is going to minimize the Cubs 1st WS because of Chapman's past? Please.

I was 6, thank you very much. :lol: