2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 01:26 AM)
Are the Cubs a lock to win the WS? Would it be one of the biggest upsets in history for them not to make the WS?

IMHO, the MLB playoffs are so tight there really aren't "upsets". There's no fluff in the playoffs in baseball.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Aug 22, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)
You're right. They grow on trees. Where is ours? Oh yeah, that's right. We don't have one.

Who cares about the Sox having one? Russell on the Cubs or other under-22 players don't affect them in anyway whatsoever.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 23, 2016 -> 07:17 AM)
Tim Anderson has 1.5 WAR in 61 games, or 3.7 if projected out to 150 games.

And he would barely sniff a list of top 10 young shortstops in the game, there's just so much talent at the position now. But if he could keep up that pace, it would be a small glimmer of light for the Sox future.

Those are nice odds if one truly believes the Cubs are going to win the World Series since current Vegas odds are hanging just below 3:1. Let's see if they put their money where their mouth is (doubtful). I'd be willing to make the same bet but I'll only give 3:1 odds.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 23, 2016 -> 11:31 PM)
And Addison Russell's offense has caught up to his defense.

The Cubs have 3-4 possible MVP candidates for the next three years. Talk about hitting it big. Its one thing to have cant miss prospects but to have so many that follow through with reaching full potential is remarkable.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 07:05 AM)
Those are nice odds if one truly believes the Cubs are going to win the World Series since current Vegas odds are hanging just below 3:1. Let's see if they put their money where their mouth is (doubtful). I'd be willing to make the same bet but I'll only give 3:1 odds.

I think the AL is too tough for them to win. I could be wrong.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 08:43 AM)
The Cubs have 3-4 possible MVP candidates for the next three years. Talk about hitting it big. Its one thing to have cant miss prospects but to have so many that follow through with reaching full potential is remarkable.

I'm annoyed with how they acquired those MVP prospects.

Rizzo was a buddy-buddy deal because Hoyer was from SD.

Bryant was a draft pick because the Astros are complete morons.

I'll give Theo credit for fleecing Beane to get Russell, but everyone called that trade crazy from day one.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 24, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)
I'm annoyed with how they acquired those MVP prospects.

Rizzo was a buddy-buddy deal because Hoyer was from SD.

Bryant was a draft pick because the Astros are complete morons.

I'll give Theo credit for fleecing Beane to get Russell, but everyone called that trade crazy from day one.

Rizzo is the only one i really have a problem with, it was super shady.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 01:17 AM)
I said before the season that 97 wins was their floor. They're gonna demolish that total. And they haven't even had Schwarber. #facepalm

I'm surprised you or Deadpool haven't taken the bets floated your way for the Cubs winning the World Series. Aren't they basically a lock to win it all with how dominant they are? One guy even gave you 4:1 odds.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 07:03 AM)
I'm surprised you or Deadpool haven't taken the bets floated your way for the Cubs winning the World Series. Aren't they basically a lock to win it all with how dominant they are? One guy even gave you 4:1 odds.

Baseball is too random. I'll watch some of the playoffs, but I'm in full football mode now.