White Sox sign Jimmy Rollins

Princess Dye

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy took a deal here rather than elsewhere because he looked at our team and said "It's so bad, this is the one real chance I have to start"

But don't worry Lawrie said today we have World Series talent 100%!!

Aside from this, I think this deal is meh. I'd rather see Sanchez/Saladino battle it out for starting SS and the loser getting super utility role. I personally think Sanchez at age 23/24 is a better option than Rollins at age 37 or whatever he is.

Clubhouse presence? Sure okay. Whatever. We've won the offseason of the clubhouse guys. Cant wait. If Sanchez wasn't/isn't going to be our supersub then IMO we should have spent the $3/4mm and got Uribe to do so. He could have been the clubhouse guy who plays a bunch of infield positions too. If Rollins makes the team, whatever his contract is- is probably close to Uribe's with incentives, etc.

Maybe I'm just down about this team this year, but this is the least excited I've been as a Sox fan in a while.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)
The guy took a deal here rather than elsewhere because he looked at our team and said "It's so bad, this is the one real chance I have to start"

Aside from this, I think this deal is meh. I'd rather see Sanchez/Saladino battle it out for starting SS and the loser getting super utility role. I personally think Sanchez at age 23/24 is a better option than Rollins at age 37 or whatever he is.

Clubhouse presence? Sure okay. Whatever. We've won the offseason of the clubhouse guys. Cant wait. If Sanchez wasn't/isn't going to be our supersub then IMO we should have spent the $3/4mm and got Uribe to do so. He could have been the clubhouse guy who plays a bunch of infield positions too. If Rollins makes the team, whatever his contract is- is probably close to Uribe's with incentives, etc.

Maybe I'm just down about this team this year, but this is the least excited I've been as a Sox fan in a while.

:crying

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)

Wait, you joined this site in 2014 and chose BrianAnderson as your name?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 2h2 hours ago

Hahn: 'The way we described to Jimmy, we believe in Saladino's upside...but there is opportunity for Jimmy to [be] playing regularly at SS'

What a vote of confidence for Saladino. LOL

QUOTE (Baron @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
I like it...just brutal honesty. He has potential but he better not waste their time. Or he will be replaced. Sounds good to me.

He should do some of thise motivational speak for Avi then

I like the move and fully expect Rollins to be the starter on opening day and the last game of the World Series. He dealt with some injuries last year and the constant pressure of a budding superstar waiting in the wings to deal with. I bet our opening day lineup will be

CF EATON

SS ROLLINS

1B ABREU

3B FRAZIER

LF MELKY

2B LAWRIE

DH LAROCHE

RF AVI (I really hope we trade for someone)

C AVILA