Adam Eaton "Racial" Tweet Controversy

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
When Dan Bernstein turns something into a controversy you know its nothing. WHo f***ing cares.

Did he change positions? Because his response earlier was to say that it wasnt a controversy

Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein 1m1 minute ago

For all those asking, I have no reason to think @AdamSpankyEaton meant any genuine ill will at any point tonight. Be cool.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame jerry reinsdorf for allowing this perpetually racist culture inside the white sox clubhouse. Until he is forced to relinquish ownership for being such a damn bigot, I will not be cheering for the sox.

Green text, obviously. User error

Edited by KyYlE23

It's unfortunate he would publicly put down activism. Just change the channel. You wont have activism on like 700 other channels on Sunday night. Skip Fox News though of course if that's your goal. I am fine with Adam's logic --that he would rather not be bothered. Hopefully it holds true on both sides of that coin, then. We wont need the Chris Rocks doing this when, say, Fox News isnt reporting racially heated material 2 weeks after it happens purely for ratings purposes. At that moment we'll have utopia and can all go fishing etc with chuck garfine

The absence of a political statement is --itself-- a political statement.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 20m20 minutes ago

Adam Eaton was very apologetic about Oscars tweet last night: "I feel terrible. I truly do...It was a tweet to talk about equality..." (1/2)

Adam Eaton: "I apologize to anybody who was offended. I am not by any stretch of the imagination trying to downplay racism in this country."

Then some media outlet will take pettie's line at face value and use it to recycle the controversy somehow...and throw all the stereotypes about the White Sox fanbase into the mix.

Or they can just dredge up half the yahoo comments on any article dealing with race, like Kanye West and the whole Zuckerberg $1 billion loan twitter controversy. That kind of stuff is 100x scarier, or just any general comments online from detractors of the president thinly-guised as political or states' rights/"freedom and liberty" philosophy. Of course, those with legitimate complaints rightfully bristle at being lumped in as racist...and it goes around and around.

I remember a similar controversy when Beckham complained how inconvenienced he was by the president's entourage/detours/security details getting to the ballpark and it came across not unlike the Eaton tweet as being possibly racist or disrespectful. Just better to keep your mouth shut as an athlete in most cases.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)
Then some media outlet will take pettie's line at face value and use it to recycle the controversy somehow...and throw all the stereotypes about the White Sox fanbase into the mix.

Or they can just dredge up half the yahoo comments on any article dealing with race, like Kanye West and the whole Zuckerberg $1 billion loan twitter controversy. That kind of stuff is 100x scarier, or just any general comments online from detractors of the president thinly-guised as political or states' rights/"freedom and liberty" philosophy. Of course, those with legitimate complaints rightfully bristle at being lumped in as racist...and it goes around and around.

I remember a similar controversy when Beckham complained how inconvenienced he was by the president's entourage/detours/security details getting to the ballpark and it came across not unlike the Eaton tweet as being possibly racist or disrespectful. Just better to keep your mouth shut as an athlete in most cases.

The internet due to it being a beacon of anonymity, allows people to say whatever abhorrent s*** they want. A lot of those idiots online would piss their pants saying some of the racial s*** they do in front of real people.

My stare alone strikes fear into the white devils' hearts and I'm a pretty nice guy.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
The internet due to it being a beacon of anonymity, allows people to say whatever abhorrent s*** they want. A lot of those idiots online would piss their pants saying some of the racial s*** they do in front of real people.

My stare alone strikes fear into the white devils' hearts and I'm a pretty nice guy.

I like you. Then again, you've never stared at me, either. Have you?!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)

Adam Eaton was very apologetic about Oscars tweet last night: "I feel terrible. I truly do...It was a tweet to talk about equality..." (1/2)

Adam Eaton: "I apologize to anybody who was offended. I am not by any stretch of the imagination trying to downplay racism in this country."

No reason to apologize.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)

Public figures just can't post stuff and say anything on Twitter like many of you said. He said nothing wrong. Quite frankly if you are going to say 'anything' on Twitter except "we are taking it one game at a time" you probably need to be like Trump and just fire back with 'grow up, reread my Tweet; I meant what I said and I didn't say anything inflammatory. I love all people and they love me.'

Boom, that's it.

I feel sorry for Eaton. He didn't say anything wrong. He just shouldn't have used Twitter to begin with to say anything besides a sports cliche.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 12:26 PM)
I feel sorry for Eaton. He didn't say anything wrong. He just shouldn't have used Twitter to begin with to say anything besides a sports cliche.

If you read his tweet on its own it seems innocuous. But he was tweeting during the opening monologue, which implies that he was saying 'i cant be bothered with this'

and that is not a good look.