Knife found on OJ's estate by construction workers

knightni

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 10:32 AM)
Manipulation, hiding or destruction of evidence is most certainly criminal, regardless of being a cop or not.

After thinking about it, I would bet the statute of limitations has run out.

Plus jeopardy is already attached to OJ anyway. Wouldn't have made much difference if they had known about the knife as soon as it was found.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 10:40 AM)

May be true. State laws are all over the place on that sort of thing. And as Hickory pointed out, OJ has already been tried criminally so that ship has sailed.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
May be true. State laws are all over the place on that sort of thing. And as Hickory pointed out, OJ has already been tried criminally so that ship has sailed.

Yeah, they have zero chance at nailing OJ, but the cop who did this might be a different story.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 05:06 PM)

this is tricky and i am not a criminal lawyer, so they will be needed to answer this.

there are several things in play. 1. double jeopardy, 2. something about an acquittal, 3. a new passage of 2003.

there is no statue of limitation on murder.

ref to #2 if there was a and proof of someone hiding or hindering the process of the law, something that can be brought up to a judge or supreme court for a verdict.

ref #3. can ask for a new trial .... but will that also be for cases before 2003.

also can they put OJ and or his help or something on trial esp of ron goldman???

O.J. Simpson’s former home suggests it is nothing like the murder weapon that was used to kill Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. Many people are skeptical of the knife that was found more than a dozen years ago without even looking at it, but those who have taken a glance say there are more than a few reasons to doubt any possible ties to the trial of the century.

NBC News talks to several law enforcement sources and says “the knife found is a relatively inexpensive, small knife typically carried and used by construction workers, gardeners, landscapers or other laborers.” The sources also say the knife doesn’t appear to have been buried for a length of time that would suggest someone was trying to hide it at the time of the killings. The New York Daily News also hears doubts from sources and notes “the characteristics and condition of the knife were not consistent” with the murders. Still, LAPD says it is analyzing the knife that was turned over by retired officer George Maycott.

Initial investigation; not a weapon. Still will presumably test for blood.

• 3 months later...

Anyone watch Part 1 of "OJ: Made in America"? Really good backstory on his upbringing and celebrity. Lots of stuff I've never seen. Makes his downfall even more confusing and there are 4 more parts left next week.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 07:07 PM)
Yeah, it was really good. And I think for a lot of people that fall into a younger generation, they have never seen or heard a lot about the athletic career of OJ. I stayed in with the girl last night and watched, she loved the OJ show on FX and is 30+, but never knew how good of an athlete he really was, how big of a deal he was, how big of a star he really was.

Agreed, I had no idea about how much of an icon he was. My first exposure was the Naked Gun movies.

I still can't believe AC drove him around after OJ took his woman like that.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)
Yeah, it was really good. And I think for a lot of people that fall into a younger generation, they have never seen or heard a lot about the athletic career of OJ. I stayed in with the girl last night and watched, she loved the OJ show on FX and is 30+, but never knew how good of an athlete he really was, how big of a deal he was, how big of a star he really was.

He was the unsung star of the Naked Gun movies.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 07:07 PM)

I ended up binge watching all 5 episodes last night/this morning and there are a lot of little bits of information that I had no clue about being how old I was when this happened. The whole thing is super well done. Some of the defense lawyers and jurors still come off just looking like horrible people.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
I ended up binge watching all 5 episodes last night/this morning and there are a lot of little bits of information that I had no clue about being how old I was when this happened. The whole thing is super well done. Some of the defense lawyers and jurors still come off just looking like horrible people.

The People vs OJ Simpson was really good for that as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)

Same. I grew up knowing he used to play football and was in Naked Gun movies. That was it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
The People vs OJ Simpson was really good for that as well.

I liked the miniseries, but this documentary series is far superior. Almost makes that FX series look like a cartoon.

Been watching the 30 for 30 doc. I honestly think OJ had CTE. The whole chase before his surrender, being suicidal, the constant mood swings. It looks like CTE. OJ might have been a wife beater (he beat his first wife too), but I'm not sure any sane person would murder people like he did.