2016 Minor League Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
FutureSox @FutureSox

Eddy Alvarez by month:

April: .145/.241/.174, 9:16 BB:K

May: .227/.276/.268, 7:17 BB:K

June: .348/.464/.478, 10:6 BB:K

I wonder why Eddy was so bad in April? Doesn't make sense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
FutureSox @FutureSox

Eddy Alvarez by month:

April: .145/.241/.174, 9:16 BB:K

May: .227/.276/.268, 7:17 BB:K

June: .348/.464/.478, 10:6 BB:K

He was the one guy you figured could turn it around eventually. He has a stellar eye and was making contact, just not getting on base.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
Okay, so tell me.

My hunch is he was defensive at the plate at a new level. Hence the Ks still being low but nothing landing for hits.

Now he's got his confidence back.

Granted, I had him at #9 in the FS Top 30 vote, so I'm biased. I still think he makes the bigs as a super sub a la Saladino but faster.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 07:35 AM)
Okay, so tell me.

I think he's alluding to the fact that Alvarez was in AA despite just 1.5 years of pro ball, only a half season in A+, after not playing baseball for 3+ years. He's moved up very fast, and the jump to AA is usually considered the biggest in the minors. So some struggles should have been expected, although I personally didn't think he'd struggle THAT badly.

Winston-Salem Dash ‏@WSDashBaseball 3m3 minutes ago

Two big announcements! All-Star Matt Cooper has earned his first promotion to Double-A @BhamBarons! Go get 'em, Matt

Winston-Salem Dash ‏@WSDashBaseball 2m2 minutes ago

In his place, Zack Burdi (@idrubkcaz15_U), one of the @WhiteSox 1st-round picks this year, has joined the Dash!

David F (Miami): How you rate the White Sox farm system, which prospects can we be excited about?

Matt Eddy: The White Sox system is in rough shape. Any prospect who has had a good year has reached the majors (Tim Anderson, Tyler Danish, Jason Coats), while virtually everybody else has struggled, most notably Carson Fulmer. Among those I like the best are RHP Spencer Adams, 3B Trey Michalczewski, OF Jacob May and OF Adam Engel, while 2B/OF Jake Peter continues to play well. Chicago’s top three draft picks — C Zack Collins and RHPs Zack Burdi and Alec Hanson — will go to the front of the line this fall.

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/pros...C0vBewDEgueo.99

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
To Charlotte. He was in Birmingham.

They have Sanchez and Leury in the middle infield. I guess they'll figure out a spot - Charlotte MI has been crowded for most of the last several years, and it works out

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
They have Sanchez and Leury in the middle infield. I guess they'll figure out a spot - Charlotte MI has been crowded for most of the last several years, and it works out

Peter is a guy they've been playing all over it seems. Maybe he can be our version of Ben Zobrist one day (everyday utility player).

Corey Zangari was terrible at Kannapolis. His start since being sent to Great Falls is promising though in 40 plate appearances: .324/.375/.676 with 3 HR and 10 RBI. He does have a crazy high .500 BABIP and a K% of 40% but a great .351 ISO with a wRc+ of 151.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
Corey Zangari was terrible at Kannapolis. His start since being sent to Great Falls is promising though in 40 plate appearances: .324/.375/.676 with 3 HR and 10 RBI. He does have a crazy high .500 BABIP and a K% of 40% but a great .351 ISO with a wRc+ of 151.

His K/PA is the stat I'd be most focused on right now. With that number at 40%, I don't see anything I'd call actual progress.

Of course I'd really rather see him in person, but I don't think I'm getting to Montana in the next couple months.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)
His K/PA is the stat I'd be most focused on right now. With that number at 40%, I don't see anything I'd call actual progress.

Of course I'd really rather see him in person, but I don't think I'm getting to Montana in the next couple months.

He's 19. I'll worry when he's a bit older.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
Sox acquired Brady Shoemaker the other day. A familiar name. I used to be a fan of his early in his minor league career.

Between him and Campana, Sox adding minor league OFs.

Did you see where he's going to be assigned?