2016 Minor League Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark: There will likely be 3 White Sox players from the June draft on your next 100, right?

Klaw: Wrong.

Nate: Keith, I was wondering if you have had any interaction with Nick Hostetler. What is your opinion of him as a scout? Do you foresee better scouting/drafting with Nick and Rick in charge of the operation for the White Sox?

Klaw: I have and I think his first draft went extremely well. I thought I saw some subtle shifts in philosophy that already seem to be paying off

Jesse: Does Alec Hansen have a ceiling of a # 1?

Klaw: I think a #2. I didn’t think any college arm in this draft had #1 potential.

Mark: Was Keon Barnum much of a prospect heading into his draft year? Wth happened to this guy??

Klaw: He was not a top 100 prospect for me. I saw a poor 1b with no plan at the plate.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 07:47 AM)
I think Collins and Hansen will be on top 100 lists. Burdi won't be on Law's list but I bet all 3 are on other lists.

If Hawk is right, and the Sox do go for it again. I bet the Sox trade Hansen and Fulmer leaving Collins as the lone top 100 prospect.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked that the Sox got Shields and even after how bad he was I like that the was aggressive to get him but I trade for one reason... the surrendering of Tatis Jr.

I think that if you're taking on an older player, that's on a massive contract and someone who's team owner burned in the media, that you shouldn't have to give up anything of value to get said player. Tatis Jr got some high marks from his first instructs last year too and I think Jesse Sanchez had some nice things to say about him too during that J2 cycle.

Hopefully the Sox scream murder and they're able to get Tatis back from the Padres.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
I liked that the Sox got Shields and even after how bad he was I like that the was aggressive to get him but I trade for one reason... the surrendering of Tatis Jr.

I think that if you're taking on an older player, that's on a massive contract and someone who's team owner burned in the media, that you shouldn't have to give up anything of value to get said player. Tatis Jr got some high marks from his first instructs last year too and I think Jesse Sanchez had some nice things to say about him too during that J2 cycle.

Hopefully the Sox scream murder and they're able to get Tatis back from the Padres.

If the Sox took on most of the contract rather than having most of it paid for, I could see us just giving up Johnson. It really wasn't a pure salary dump type of move.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 25, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
Don't look at me. I think I was the most negative person on the trade at the time it happened.

The White Sox rarely seem to be on the right side of these trades. I'd like the Sox to unload a garbage player for a return value similar to that of Tatis Jr. These type of trades are desperately needed by us too. Trading fair value won't improve our team

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)
The White Sox rarely seem to be on the right side of these trades. I'd like the Sox to unload a garbage player for a return value similar to that of Tatis Jr. These type of trades are desperately needed by us too. Trading fair value won't improve our team

The Costanza approach.