Empirical evidence that the Sox will be good this year

Steve9347

So I updated MLB The Show 15 to newest rosters recently, and have been playing a few games.

I realize, that while this team isn't fully loaded, it's way better than last year. Playing with that roster last year, there were multiple non-MLB level players in the everyday starting lineup. With the Jackson addition, we have extras on the bench.

We also have a hell of a pitching staff.

Anyway, I think the Sox are going to contend this year.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)
So I updated MLB The Show 15 to newest rosters recently, and have been playing a few games.

I realize, that while this team isn't fully loaded, it's way better than last year. Playing with that roster last year, there were multiple non-MLB level players in the everyday starting lineup. With the Jackson addition, we have extras on the bench.

Interesting, but does not qualify as "empirical" evidence.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)

What's your psn? Let's play some time. Love the show.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 11:30 PM)
Steve doesn't just give out his PSN willy nilly

I think the days of playing WITH randos on the internet are long gone. I'll play battlefront with friends, but the Show is a s*** experience online, and I'd rather compile the stats over the course of a season than battle it out in the glitchy The Show online experience.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 09:21 AM)
Huh, I never made the connection. Thanks Mr Obvious, you're a lifesaver.

haha

Also of note from these games - the first one Austin Jackson started in CF he robbed a homerun for me.

I've been playing The Show since 09 and have NEVER robbed a homerun.

Clearly we will win all the games this year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 08:28 AM)
I think the days of playing WITH randos on the internet are long gone. I'll play battlefront with friends, but the Show is a s*** experience online, and I'd rather compile the stats over the course of a season than battle it out in the glitchy The Show online experience.

This is the only thing I hate about The Show. Online is a damn nightmare. Hitting and pitching are OK, but when it comes to fielding and base running, it's a complete s*** show.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
2016 comes out in a few weeks. But, I doubt I can nag/bribe my wife for her to "allow" me to buy ANOTHER game. Last week it was Primal... then yesterday, I dropped $90 on the gold edition of The Division.

Maybe I'll wait it out for a used copy.

I always sell the old "The Show" games in Jamiary/February on ebay and get around $20 for them. It feels like a discount for the next one. My bday is also in mid-March and mostly get cash for my bday (besides from my gf) so that also helps.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
2016 comes out in a few weeks. But, I doubt I can nag/bribe my wife for her to "allow" me to buy ANOTHER game. Last week it was Primal... then yesterday, I dropped $90 on the gold edition of The Division.

Maybe I'll wait it out for a used copy.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
I always sell the old "The Show" games in Jamiary/February on ebay and get around $20 for them. It feels like a discount for the next one. My bday is also in mid-March and mostly get cash for my bday (besides from my gf) so that also helps.

I downloaded updated OS rosters about a week ago and am loving it.