West Region Anaheim CA

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 10:12 PM)
Don't see how that matters. A high school team wouldn't blow a 12 point lead in 30 seconds against the Warriors.

If UNI and A&M were in opposite positions, it would absolutely be the worst choke job in sports. It's definitely top five.

And the Warriors would destroy a high school team down 12 with 30 seconds left.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 10:19 PM)
Yeah, seeding doesn't matter in that situation. Biggest tourney choke I've ever seen.

For me, it's tied with the Weber time out. The seed matters a lot, as UNI was severely overachieving the entire game.

As far as non-NCAA, the Spurs choke in 2013, the Bruins in 2013, the Red Wings in 2013 are all in the discussion. The Spurs one in particular.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 11:28 PM)
For me, it's tied with the Weber time out. The seed matters a lot, as UNI was severely overachieving the entire game.

As far as non-NCAA, the Spurs choke in 2013, the Bruins in 2013, the Red Wings in 2013 are all in the discussion. The Spurs one in particular.

None of those even compare to blowing an 11 point lead in 70 seconds.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)

What? Those "chokes" happen every year in the NHL, they don't even register in the same stratosphere. And if you are going that rout, the 2013 Maple Leafs were a way bigger choke job than either of those teams.

David Worlock ‏@DavidWorlock 7h7 hours ago

ICYMI, Texas A&M's rally from 12 down w/less than 1:00 to play is the largest last-minute deficit overcome to win in college hoops history.

Old record was set in February 2005. UNLV was down 11 to San Diego St. with 59 seconds left. Also won in OT.

Biggest comeback in college hoops history! That's a lot of basketball games.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball...y-miss-comeback

"They left with under a minute to go," Gilder told reporters. "They were walking to their car, and somebody said Admon hit the layup to tie it. So they watched the double overtime in the car on the way back to Dallas. They said sorry they weren't there to see that, and they loved me no matter what."

Hield is one of the best pure shooters/scorers in quite awhile.

He tends to turn the ball over more than he should, he's not especially explosive driving to the basket (effective is the best word) and sometimes plays pedestrian defense, but what a college player.

OU got in a cold streak there in the 2nd half of the Big 12 where they weren't hitting their outside shots as consistently as defense were keying in on Hield, but they've seemingly gotten all their lost momentum back. Christian James is starting to make more of an impact now as well.

For what it's worth, it's also nice to see something different from the ACC "love fest" going on.

Edited by caulfield12