East Region Philadelphia, PA

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
The bogus charge call on Vasturia was another part of the ref's secret plan to help ND.

Refs have been doing their best to give trailing teams the best chance to comeback. Helps/hurts teams at different points.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ncaa.com site doesn't list the jump ball, and gives Colson the rebound. If you saw the play, both guys had the ball and the ref blew the whistle. Absolutely was a jump ball, and the scorer just failed to accurately do it. Amazing incompetency

Post a .gif of a ref signalling jump ball, otherwise I'm going with the NCAA over Verne Lundquist.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
Post a .gif of a ref signalling jump ball, otherwise I'm going with the NCAA over Verne Lundquist.

So what's the actual call? It clearly wasn't just a rebound by Colson and then a deadball (when the guy was already on the ground). Lundquist didn't say anything, he was too busy yelling at other things probably.

And note I said this right away when the 2nd half started, so it's not like an after-the-fact type comment.

Edited by fathom

Beachem also shoved the guy out of the way on that last rebound, but I think the refs already showed with the Woodbury call that they're afraid to make that call. I'm fine with that if they're consistent, but there was way more contact than the over the back with a minute left.

My six year old daughter declared that she wants Wisconsin to win Friday because, "that's where cheese curds are from." I told her that if she wants to taste another cheese curd before her 18th birthday, she may want to reconsider her position. She's now on board with ND for Friday.

Wisconsin fans aren't gonna be too happy with the refs in the last minute. I have been saying all tourney they let trailing teams get away with too much contact

They let both teams get away with too much contact the whole game. If they called the entire game like you wanted them to call the last minute, Happ would have fouled out with 10 minutes left and ND would have shot 20 FT in the 2nd half. I counted at least four +1 on ND layups that weren't called. But they were consistently not calling it the entire game for either team.

Man we got throttled. No answer for Carolina inside at all. And not having our best defender (Johnson) didn't help, especially on the perimeter.

This was an Indiana team that had been playing very well, and Carolina made them look like a high school team. That's scary.