Midwest Region Chicago IL.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
Michigan State and Purdue out. Iowa State the only big school left within driving distance of the UC. might be some empty seats next weekend

My cousin, who went to Purdue, snagged a pair of tickets last week. He'll still be going, he's just not as excited.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 26, 2016 -> 04:48 AM)
Refs really helped Syracuse down the stretch minus the steal that looked inbounds with 11 to go.......

Blew that ten second call I'm pretty sure. Another game where team starts trapping and gets to be very physical.

Blew that ten second call I'm pretty sure. Another game where team starts trapping and gets to be very physical.

You mean where the ball stayed in the backcourt for 10 seconds? I don't have the rule in front of me, but I don't think a defensive player touching the ball in the frontcourt stops the count.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

The ball looked like it crossed the half court line. Nevertheless it was sort of a Northern Iowa Ultra Lite collapse if this were a beer.

It did cross, but it never touched an offensive player, and I think that's required to stop the count.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)
It did cross, but it never touched an offensive player, and I think that's required to stop the count.

Not saying you're right or wrong but the announcers would be wrong since they said Syracuse caught a break there. I took games and officiating as a class like 10 years ago, but forgot what the rule is.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 10:57 PM)
Not saying you're right or wrong but the announcers would be wrong since they said Syracuse caught a break there. I took games and officiating as a class like 10 years ago, but forgot what the rule is.

You have to establish possession in the front court. Just having the ball go past half court isn't enough.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 26, 2016 -> 05:14 AM)
You have to establish possession in the front court. Just having the ball go past half court isn't enough.

I don't think that's true. What about if a pass is in the air past mid court when clock hits 10. If that's so, I have shockingly never seen that play.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 11:14 PM)

I'm sure that's true, but that didn't even cross my mind when I made my initial comment about the game getting out of hand.

If only Michigan State hadn't lost............haha

I don't think that's true. What about if a pass is in the air past mid court when clock hits 10. If that's so, I have shockingly never seen that play.

This is from a friend who is a HS ref: If the ball is in the air when the count hits ten, and an offensive player is the first one to touch it in the front court, it's not a violation, but if a defensive player touches it first, then it is.