Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
Been watching First Take for about four years now and this is the absolute first time that anything White Sox related has been talked about on the show in that time. The Cubs are locked and loaded for a trip to the World Series. The White Sox? #drakegate

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

So embarrassing.

It's really not. Who gives a s*** about First Take?

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
Looks like LaRoche and company still going at it:

E3 Meat Company ‏@E3Meat 1h1 hour ago

Baseball is a game started by a father & son playing catch! @e3laroche #familyfirst

He really needs to make a decision and then stop trying to win this argument in the media.

His company clearly doesnt get the issue which is he cant be the only one with this special treatment. No other player in the league brings their kids to every single game and practice and team activity. He needs to explain to all MLB players why he is special.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
Looks like LaRoche and company still going at it:

E3 Meat Company ‏@E3Meat 1h1 hour ago

Baseball is a game started by a father & son playing catch! @e3laroche #familyfirst

He really needs to make a decision and then stop trying to win this argument in the media.

If there was any hope of LaRoche getting some sort of a buyout, it's gone now.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
His company clearly doesnt get the issue which is he cant be the only one with this special treatment. No other player in the league brings their kids to every single game and practice and team activity. He needs to explain to all MLB players why he is special.

How about the team agreed to it?

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
Why are we not laughing more at Rabbit's tweet back to Chipper Jones last night?

Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_ Brian Bilek Retweeted Chipper Jones

3 marriages & a knocked up Hooters waitress in 2 decades. #FamilyFirst...except when you're eating wings & get horny

Awe s***, that too funny!!! Well done raBBit! :lolhitting

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
How about the team agreed to it?

In writing?

And now they dont, big deal. Teams ban smokeless tobacco, facial hair, jewelry, music etc from clubhouses every year. He's the one who decided to retire from the entire sport like a baby.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
In writing?

And now they dont, big deal. Teams ban smokeless tobacco, facial hair, jewelry, music etc from clubhouses every year. He's the one who decided to retire from the entire sport like a baby.

Why does it have to be in writing? If they agreed to it, and that is a reason why he signed a contract, they should honor that agreement.

Of course I am speaking as a victim. When I first got out of college I had a meager job, got a new one which got me a $15,000 pay raise which was huge for me at the time, gave my notice, and was counteroffered matching my salary with more responsibility. I foolishly accepted. Two weeks later, while I did get more responsibility, my paycheck only increased by a $5k increase. I asked about it and was laughed at and told that is what it was. I wanted to quit and would have quit, but I needed a job. Adam apparently doesn't. Luckily I was able to find something else in a couple of weeks, but the service I used to land the previous job wanted nothing to do with me.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)
In writing?

Yes, necklaces and kids, pretty much the same thing.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
I don't care if it was fine last year, or even if there was a handshake agreement when he signed. Things change. If Lawrie/Latos/Frazier/Avila/Navarro or whoever came in and had a problem with it, then they have a right to make changes to the arrangement.

Most people in this world would say that when a deal is made, a deal is made. If one party develops a problem with it, they have to either continue to honor it despite their problems or renegotiate it with the other party. They don't just weasel out of it.

I keep reading how this joker LaRoche walked away from the $13M. Well he also walked out on his teammates, too, in the middle of spring training, no less. Now on paper our chances to come back this season and be competitive relied somewhat on his returning to form, and now we don't even have that. And all because the team asked him to cut back on the amount of time his kid spends in the clubhouse. Not a full out ban, just dialing it back a bit, and for that he quits on his teammates. That's the part I find rather inexcusable, and it makes me wonder why the players would even consider going down the road of threatening to boycott a practice or even an exhibition game. It doesn't sound like he had the same level of commitment to them as they may have had to him.

QUOTE (Doc Edwards Shot @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)
Most people in this world would say that when a deal is made, a deal is made. If one party develops a problem with it, they have to either continue to honor it despite their problems or renegotiate it with the other party. They don't just weasel out of it.

Assuming the existence of this deal, isn't that exactly what the Sox did? The problem developed, they asked LaRoche to cut back (twice), and HE retired. They didn't weasel out of anything.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)
Yes, necklaces and kids, pretty much the same thing.

Banning and "toning it down" are the same thing as well. Point is things change with ballclubs/jobs and if you dont like it then fine, go somewhere else. Next time get it in writing. I would never accept someone's word for something in business.

HAHA even ex WWE stars getting in on this, he even called Laroche a hero ! What a joke.

CoachVerified account

‏@CMPunk

Good for LaRoche.

Coach ‏@CMPunk 57m57 minutes ago

Blocking people who have a s*** opinion on a guy doing what's best for his family. LaRoche is a hero.

Edited by ChicagoHeel

QUOTE (ChicagoHeel @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
HAHA even ex WWE stars getting in on this, he even called Laroche a hero ! What a joke.

CoachVerified account

‏@CMPunk

Good for LaRoche.

Blocking people who have a s*** opinion on a guy doing what's best for his family. LaRoche is a hero.

Of all people, he would know about quitting

QUOTE (ChicagoHeel @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)

CoachVerified account

‏@CMPunk

Good for LaRoche.

Well this is a guy who enjoys an anti-establishment storyline

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
I keep reading how this joker LaRoche walked away from the $13M. Well he also walked out on his teammates, too, in the middle of spring training, no less. Now on paper our chances to come back this season and be competitive relied somewhat on his returning to form, and now we don't even have that. And all because the team asked him to cut back on the amount of time his kid spends in the clubhouse. Not a full out ban, just dialing it back a bit, and for that he quits on his teammates. That's the part I find rather inexcusable, and it makes me wonder why the players would even consider going down the road of threatening to boycott a practice or even an exhibition game. It doesn't sound like he had the same level of commitment to them as they may have had to him.

That's a good point too. Whether right or wrong to do this regarding his kid, one of the consequences is to abandon his teammates. And at a really lousy time.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
13 million dollars and your job or stop pissing off your co-workers by bringing your kid to the job every day... easy decision IMO

And in addition to setting a bad example of how to comply with rules at work, LaRoche's surrogates and buddies attack the Sox via Twitter and drag Drake into the media spotlight. What awesome parenting. #FamilyFirst!

Edited by Black_Jack29

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 08:52 AM)
I would bet there is a guy Drake LaRoche's age or younger around the Sox clubhouse 162 games this season even if LaRoche sticks with retiring. If it was so burdensome, why was this addressed in March of 2016, 13 months after this has been going on?

Throwing hypotheticals around to bolster a weak point that you keep trying to make over and over again is not a good look. Sox can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and it doesn't matter if you agree with them or not. By the way, most agree with the Sox, let this go down the drain already.