Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:39 AM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 33s34 seconds ago Scottsdale, AZ

Sale: "Rick, I truly believe is trying to build a winning team. We have a lot of respect for that guy."

This truly is a players vs KW thing. Can't get rid of 25 players

Nope, thankfully it's only a handful of the 25.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:40 PM)
There are so many swear words that I want to say about this whole situation it's ridiculous.

Chris Sale is a child for letting this drag on

Yep, why not be quiet until talking to Reinsdorf?

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
Sale:KW told players the coaches complained about Drake, told coaches the players complained. 'Then he came in here, said it was from owner'

— Daryl Van Schouwen (@CST_soxvan) March 18, 2016

Isnt it possible that he told the owner and the owner agreed with the players? Or did that scenario slip through Sales head?

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
Bruce Levine ‏@MLBBruceLevine 40s40 seconds ago

Adam Eaton said Jerry Reinsdorf will talk to the team in the next few days

JR needs to tell the players to stop the b****ing and get to work.

And do any of these players care that their teammate quit on them? Granted he was pretty useless, but still, he quit on them.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)
Yup.

Walk across the the concourse at Camelback. Ask for Seager, Urias and I don't know, Pederson.

screw that, padres , the 2 comp picks and players, 1 of which will be a sp and some of their top prospects

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:39 AM)

Sale: "Rick, I truly believe is trying to build a winning team. We have a lot of respect for that guy."

I saw a movie once where an otherwise bad baseball team came together in opposition to the front office and ended up winning the pennant.

So there's that.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
Again, I must agree. Sale rubbed me wrong with binocular-gate and now this BS just adds to it. Eaton rubbed me wrong last year when he had a hissy over sitting out for a game. Sale and Eaton are acting like toddlers that need to be put over the knee for a good old fashioned spanking.

Yep

I'm not overly emotional on this but if they both keep this crap up, trade them when the opportunity comes along. They are both too stupid to realise they are a clubhouse distraction with their nonsense.

Unless the Sox are rebuilding, that's not going to happen. Sale and Eaton both know it, which is why they feel free to say whatever the hell they want.

I seriously hope that somebody like Abreu steps up and confronts them.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:42 AM)
screw that, padres , the 2 comp picks and players, 1 of which will be a sp and some of their top prospects

Lol what? No way. You take Urias, Seager and a couple others and run.

You don't trade Chris Sale for low 20s draft picks.....

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:39 AM)
If KW did lie about Rollins/Avila going to him, then he does need to be fired.

But, I doubt he did. Chris needs to stop being a child.

I don't think he should be fired for that, but if it is in LaRoche's contract, IMO, that is an offense where he needs to go. Messing with obligations with player contracts, whether financial or otherwise, would be a gigantic problem.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:39 PM)

can we say damage control is now in full throttle

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:45 PM)
I don't think he should be fired for that, but if it is in LaRoche's contract, IMO, that is an offense where he needs to go. Messing with obligations with player contracts, whether financial or otherwise, would be a gigantic problem.

Agreed, he should be fired if he manipulated this all himself

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
JR needs to tell the players to stop the b****ing and get to work.

And do any of these players care that their teammate quit on them? Granted he was pretty useless, but still, he quit on them.

For the love of God, stop with the he quit on them. It is exactly what 99.99% of this board wanted him to do all winter. Now he's a quitter. Seriously?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)

If it turns out it isnt in his contract, since Eaton now claims it is, are you going to admit LaRoche is wrong here?