Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:47 PM)
How is he bringing the team together?

It worked in Major League.

If there is truth the the thought that KW is hated, no one is going to be bothered by Sale's comments. Besides guys who go off occasionally are pretty well known, and most of what they say goes in one ear out the other.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:46 PM)
I don't know why everyone is ripping Sale or even Eaton. Sale is doing exactly what you want a leader of the clubhouse to do, bring the team together and stick up for family. KW appears to be a complete ass and has cause this entire situaltion. It even appears he manipulated the situation to his liking by tell the players the coaches had a problem with Drake, telling the coaches players had a problem with him, and telling everyone that this decision came from the owner. Sale better damn make some waves bc of this and he is 100% correct that is should have been KW walking of the locker room and not LaRoche.

Hey I'm almost on board with this. KW is the one who really botched this s*** up. He's supposed to be the sophisticated Senior Exec with the MBA.

I agree with the decision to limit the kids access to the locker room, dugout, and field. This team underperformed last year (and LaRoched in particular did) and distractions need to be minimized to become a winner in 2016.

I just wish that Kenny had dealt with this much earlier. If the topic had been addressed in a meeting right after last season, we could have had several months for this controversy to blow over. It's really not what we need to be dominating the focus of the team with two weeks to go before the season starts.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
Lots of smoke from various people yesterday there were numerous complainers, and this came from non-Score personalities.

I don't doubt there were complainers, in fact I think it's likely.

The only place I've caught wind of the complainers being the vocal opponents of this in public, was originated several times on the score.

I could be wrong, was that report coming from anywhere else?

Jesus.

Stupid National Party Congress in Beijing.

First they blocked all the proxy/vpn programs for two weeks so SoxTalk slowed down to a crawl.

Now that it's sort of working (just in time for March Madness) with the VPN again, it keeps freezing and double/triple/quadruple posting.

Sigh.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:50 PM)
You know about the only thing that would fix this is LaRoche/Drake/Sale/KW doing a joint conference and admitting it was all a pre-April Fool's Day joke to get the Sox in the national news conversation and steal some thunder from the Cubs...we've all been punk'd.

LaRoche in deadpan monotone, "KW really loves THE DRAKE. Do you actually think I'm crazy enough to walk away from $13 freakin' million dollars and the 2nd Annual FamilyFirst/White Sox Faith Day festivities? Only Gil Meche would do something that stupid."

Or part of a seminar/simulated case study on workplace relations by the MLBPA.

i prefer to think smoking one will be better

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:48 PM)
Their is a time and a place and a way to handle things. What happens within a clubhouse is supposed to stay within a clubhouse. Instead, everything is being dealt with via the press. It is pathetic and embarrassing. It isn't often that I give Kenny credit for how he handles something with the media, but his approach and tact was solid. How he handled it with the players, who knows, known if us were there and none of us know all the circumstances. But Eaton and Sale should be dealing with this internally, not externally.

Exactly. Sale and Eaton are parading through the media like politicians trying to sway public opinion their way. A true leader keeps their mouth shut and handles the business internally. Imo, a good example of this is the silence of Rick Hahn. Rick is smart by not publically fanning the flames and I'd guess is doing his best behind the scenes to help resolve the situation. Same for any players and coaches that have stayed quiet and tried to keep the dispute within the locker room.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
I think the tension between the players and KW has been building for awhile, and this incident was just the straw that broke the camels back.

If KW's actions were caused by players coming to him, it's a pretty crazy thing he's getting players' wrath right now.

QUOTE (shakes @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:53 PM)
I don't doubt there were complainers, in fact I think it's likely.

The only place I've caught wind of the complainers being the vocal opponents of this in public, was originated several times on the score.

I could be wrong, was that report coming from anywhere else?

Pedro Gomez said a few coaches complained. Tom Shear had the additional information as well.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
I think the tension between the players and KW has been building for awhile, and this incident was just the straw that broke the camels back.

I think it's more of, he's not there as much as Team President (Hahn is), and he acted above Robin and Rick.

The relationship between Kenny and the players isn't what it once was, so they don't trust him.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
I'd argue that Chris Sale is becoming more of a problem than LaRoche

Nah. He should definitely tone it down, but if he pitches a Cy Young caliber season no one will care about his actions here.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
Nah. He should definitely tone it down, but if he pitches a Cy Young caliber season no one will care about his actions here.

But if he doesn't tone it down, he may be pitching a Cy Young caliber season for Boston.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)

I agree. Same with Eaton. Tone it down (or better yet, just stop) and go out there and play well.