Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 04:25 PM)
I am stating facts. 100% of posters would have been happy a week before Adam LaRoche retired if he retired. Then he retires and all of the perfect parents here know how to raise their kids and know despite not one report to the contrary, the guy LaRoche is doing a s***ty job of raising is nothing but a good kid.

Just remember when you mention FACTS, the next complaint you read about Drake LaRoche will be the first. So if you want to rip people for assuming, you really need to look in the mirror.

and how do you what are the facts ???? were you there???

when did i ever complain about drake..... i complain the most about the clubhouse and the clubhouse vs managment,.... al and his problem will be dealt with with their legal teams.... that has always been my stance.

now the rest of what you wrote, you are grasping for any way to justify your comments.

good debate.... but i gotttssss to go, i will follow up later.

peace

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)
I am stating facts. 100% of posters would have been happy a week before Adam LaRoche retired if he retired. Then he retires and all of the perfect parents here know how to raise their kids and know despite not one report to the contrary, the guy LaRoche is doing a s***ty job of raising is nothing but a good kid.

Just remember when you mention FACTS, the next complaint you read about Drake LaRoche will be the first. So if you want to rip people for assuming, you really need to look in the mirror.

We assume a lot of things. KW flatly omitted he totally banned the kid, and then changed his mind. Do you know that he changed it right away or after LaRoche decided to retire? We don't know, and won't know. But again, LaRoche sucked so he is going to be the one who is blamed.

You could write speeches for Donald Trump.

You full well know that when people say they wanted Adam LaRoche to retire, they didn't mean they wanted an ugly and prolonged feud to emerge that kept the team in the news for days at at time and created strife and controversy in the front office and locker room potentially dividing the team and cause issues that could last into the season and hurt the team on the field. You understand the difference between what people wanted, and what actually happened, why are you acting like they are the same thing? Representing that statement as a "truth" is dishonesty on a level that would make Bill Clinton flinch, because it wilfully ignores 99.9% of what actually happened to make an argument that should have been over days ago. Take your own advice and move on if this is the kind of "truth" and "facts" you are going to try to pass off.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)

We assume a lot of things. KW flatly omitted he totally banned the kid, and then changed his mind. Do you know that he changed it right away or after LaRoche decided to retire? We don't know, and won't know. But again, LaRoche sucked so he is going to be the one who is blamed. There are so many things here that could go either way. I don't see anything wrong with his company using recent news as a promotion to sell product. Why don't they monitor LaRoche's twitter instead if you are looking for something to piss you off?

So where is the "fact" that Adam said he would fix it if someone had a problem with it, and he didn't actually do it?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
You could write speeches for Donald Trump.

You full well know that when people say they wanted Adam LaRoche to retire, they didn't mean they wanted an ugly and prolonged feud to emerge that kept the team in the news for days at at time and created strife and controversy in the front office and locker room potentially dividing the team and cause issues that could last into the season and hurt the team on the field. You understand the difference between what people wanted, and what actually happened, why are you acting like they are the same thing? Representing that statement as a "truth" is dishonesty on a level that would make Bill Clinton flinch, because it wilfully ignores 99.9% of what actually happened to make an argument that should have been over days ago. Take your own advice and move on if this is the kind of "truth" and "facts" you are going to try to pass off.

This "feud" is not being fueled by LaRoche. It's a reach that his meat company has a familyfirst promotion and it is meant as blasting the White Sox. LaRoche wrote very highly of the organization except one member.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
This "feud" is not being fueled by LaRoche. It's a reach that his meat company has a familyfirst promotion and it is meant as blasting the White Sox. LaRoche wrote very highly of the organization except one member.

I don't think it is at all

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
All you need to know about how LaRoche has been fanning the flames is a Pittsburgh sports writer was the one to break the news first.

LaRoche has played this as well as he can. His #familyfirst promotion for his company is just the latest self promotion.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
LaRoche has played this as well as he can. His #familyfirst promotion for his company is just the latest self promotion.

"Hi there, I'm Adam Laroche. I gave up $13 million because I believed in Family First ™. You know that if I gave up money like that for family, then you know that I'm going to give you a great deal on meat. So, come on down and bring the kids!"

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
"Hi there, I'm Adam Laroche. I gave up $13 million because I believed in Family First ™. You know that if I gave up money like that for family, then you know that I'm going to give you a great deal on meat. So, come on down and bring the kids!"

#familyfirst just make sure I get all the rib meat.