Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:42 PM)
Eh. I won't call him selfish or anything, but I don't get why this is such an unreasonable request. I have no problem with the guy standing up for his beliefs, I just don't get his beliefs.

Well his "belief" was detrimental to his employer and his co-workers. If his "belief" was that he couldn't play under a full moon should we not call him selfish?

Beliefs can be selfish.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:44 PM)
I think this will blow over eventually, but if it doesn't and the White Sox tank in 2016, my prediction is RH...gone. RV...gone. KW takes back the GM seat.

I'm half-expecting to log on tomorrow to read Hahn quit

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
I think this will blow over eventually, but if it doesn't and the White Sox tank in 2016, my prediction is RH...gone. RV...gone. KW takes back the GM seat.

Jerry won't let Kenny fire Rick. He wouldn't let him fire Ozzie when he originally wanted to.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)
Well his "belief" was detrimental to his employer and his co-workers. If his "belief" was that he couldn't play under a full moon should we not call him selfish?

Beliefs can be selfish.

If he truly believes that his family is that much more important than his job, no I won't call him selfish. I'd be more likely to call him selfish if he sold out his beliefs for a paycheck.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:48 PM)
The more this goes on, the more is becomes clear this isn't a LaRoche/players issue. It all centers around Kenny Williams. That is the root of this issue, and so many others.

How so? That seems the opposite of everything we've heard today.

Would the vet players who complained had really said something if they didn't think and see LaRoche was more focused on playing coach to his son then actually prepping for the season. I wouldn't even doubt some last year guys said something since they figured he'd sharpen up this ST since last year he was downright terrible.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
Jerry won't let Kenny fire Rick. He wouldn't let him fire Ozzie when he originally wanted to.

I think Rick will hit the road on his own. There are more and more stories about how Rick and KW aren't in sync. If both RH and RV disagreed with KW on this, and that could be for show, and he overruled, it may make the divide a little greater. Sullivan seems convinced RH is a bit frustrated about KW stepping on toes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)
They did tell KW to talk to him about dialing back, and he refused to listen so KW brought it up again and he quit. KW did nothing bad here, he's just being the bad guy to keep others out of the spotlight. The story is so dumb.

Fathom - where did you see that Hahn/RV asked KW to talk to laroche?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:52 PM)
Well, the slim chance of Sale coming back to the Sox after his contract is up has officially bit the dust.

Yeah, that's about the least concerning thing of this whole issue to be honest. Have fun with all those innings on the elbow/shoulder by the time he's a FA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)
If he truly believes that his family is that much more important than his job, no I won't call him selfish. I'd be more likely to call him selfish if he sold out his beliefs for a paycheck.

I do think it's selfish because he created this situation by needing special treatment, and putting anyone who had a problem with it in a very awkward spot. And I really wouldn't have cared one bit, except it is very obvious he wanted the Sox to look like bad guys in this.

It's a big red flag to me, when people get butt hurt over these types of situations because it puts in question their alternative life choices. It just makes me think him bringing his kid along everywhere is partly narcissism disguised as altruism.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:52 PM)
Well, the slim chance of Sale coming back to the Sox after his contract is up has officially bit the dust.

I am not too worried about that. If he stays healthy his price tag will probably be $35-40 million a year at that point, and he probably will already have peaked.

The White Sox will have gotten more than their money's worth by then. And I'm not sure the Sox want to pay that elbow, anyway.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)
I think Rick will hit the road on his own. There are more and more stories about how Rick and KW aren't in sync. If both RH and RV disagreed with KW on this, and that could be for show, and he overruled, it may make the divide a little greater. Sullivan seems convinced RH is a bit frustrated about KW stepping on toes.

I think it's more likely that Kenny takes a President of Baseball Operations position somewhere else. He's been with the organization for something like 20 years now. And while I think that he handled the LaRoche mess relatively well (given the circumstances), it's time for him to move on.

I highly doubt in four years when Sale is a FA this will be the reason why he chooses to stay or leave. :wacko:

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
There is something wrong with the structure of Reisdorf lead teams. The comparisons between the Bulls and Sox front offices are scary. I'm just sick of the regular drama that follows this franchise. Even IF Willaims is falling on the sword which most of us thought was the case, he didn't have everyone on board with the plan, clearly with leaks from the clubhouse meeting and Eaton talking. It wasn't handled the right way from a PR front, which just adds to a long list of issues. I'm just done with it.

Don't disagree with anything you say here. I know today's an off day, but I strongly disagree with everyone in the front office being quiet today. Story just continues to build with no damage control being done.

You really think what's happened the last couple days has any bearing on whether Sale will re-sign 4.5 years from now? Come on.