Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 04:23 PM)
If the MLBPA wins the grievance case (if it gets filed at all), do the Sox as an organization get punished in any way?

Not sure, my guess would be that the Sox would have to pay LaRoche $13 million

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 03:20 PM)
Most important thing from that:

An ESPN report that the White Sox players considered boycotting Wednesday’s spring game in show of support for LaRoche wasn’t incorrect but was also “exaggerated,” a source said. It was a thought among a few players that didn’t gain any more traction, the source said.

I'm not surprised that the sensationalist media exaggerated this. Also good to know that our players have more sense than what was previously reported.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
Why is LaRoche's meat company doing all of this tweeting? Does LaRoche not have control over his employees, or does he honestly think that he's not responsible for their comments?

I would imagine that is either Adam or Drake.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
I agree, that is why all this bad parent crap is crap. From all accounts, this is a pretty good kid he is raising. In one of the articles it says he plays on 2 teams and would love to be a ballplayer some day. Maybe now that his dad is retired, he goes to regular school. I would have done it differently than him if I were in the same shoes. But for me to say he is wrong would be wrong.

I don't understand the part about him playing on 2 teams. If he's on 2 teams, how can he possibly be around 100% of the time? As someone growing up playing on one summer league team, I feel like it's impossible ha

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
I think that Reinsdorf blocked Toronto from talking to him. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong about this.

That is the story I read. The Jays wanted to talk to him, and Jerry wouldn't let him. Kenny had a meltdown and threatened to quit.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
I think this will blow over eventually, but if it doesn't and the White Sox tank in 2016, my prediction is RH...gone. RV...gone. KW takes back the GM seat.

Dude. You are all over the place.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
That might help. I have never been a fan of KW and stuff like this make me want him gone so much. I know I may be in the minority or on my own but KW needs to be a VP and leave other jobs to the people that have been hired to do them. He is NOT the manager or GM but act like he is.

That would be a demotion as he is the president and the boss of everyone, except the Board.

He did what he was supposed to, try to find a common ground between players with a disagreement.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
That is the story I read. The Jays wanted to talk to him, and Jerry wouldn't let him. Kenny had a meltdown and threatened to quit.

I heard on some program last year (inside the clubhouse?) that Jerry's main objection was how it went about, something about how Toronto's owner is friends with Jerry, and he didn't like how he approached Kenny first without talking to JR.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
I heard on some program last year (inside the clubhouse?) that Jerry's main objection was how it went about, something about how Toronto's owner is friends with Jerry, and he didn't like how he approached Kenny first without talking to JR.

That's what I heard as well. I also heard the word "tampering" being thrown around, though there were no formal charges made.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
I HIGHLY doubt he'll "unretire" now.

He's not a moron. He has to know all the hoopla surrounding this incident and I can't see him going back into the Sox clubhouse again.

IF he came back to the Sox I'd like to watch his first at bat at the Cell this year. The boos would be rocking the stadium.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 09:24 PM)
IF he came back to the Sox I'd like to watch his first at bat at the Cell this year. The boos would be rocking the stadium.

i wish i was the fly on the wall, if he comes back and that first mtg in the clubhouse.

LaRoche is a guy who thinks school isn't very important, is best friends with the Duck Dynasty guys, and named his son after a duck. Not too hard to figure out who's out of the ordinary here.