Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:51 PM)
The bottom line is that our current understanding of how best to educate and socialize our children in this country is not exactly producing results which are unquestionable or unchallengeable. When you consider that he might only see his son 7-8 months of the year if he didn't bring him on the road with him, I cannot possibly flatter myself, nor do I think anyone else should so flatter themselves, as to believe they might better understand what is better for his son and his upbringing than his own father.

Lol at this post. You will literally take the opposing position on any debate. And I actually think you couldn't get any lower than giving CoolManJoe the ok to bang a high school girl. Well done sir, keep fighting the good fight!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:50 AM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...-191033091.html

Sale screaming at KW story is everywhere now...

Players complaining directly to KW makes sense and imo, is one of the missing pieces in the puzzle. If true, I think KW deserves some credit for not coming out and saying which players or how many, which would distinctively divide the clubhouse to some degree. Much better if KW looks like the bad guy than the players that complained. I doubt that the players that complained thought things would escalate to this extent.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 10:02 PM)
My inside info has been severely limited as far as front office stuff but I still know several players. I've sent out many PMs on this topic. The leadership baton has been taken and run with by several of the new players. The old guard may not be that happy about it but that's reality. This team needed stronger personalities and they got them, and those guys wanted a more "boys club" atmosphere.

Personally I waited until this story came out before reached out because I didn't believe it at first. But let's say more than a handful of players don't care that LaRoche is gone. We have a new regime and I believe they (Mgmt) likes it that way.

The " boys club " atmosphere makes alot of sense. I kinda wonder if LaRoche was viewed by some as the Eddie Harris type of the locker room. Could have rubbed some the wrong way with how devout he is and all.

QUOTE (ChicagoHeel @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 07:41 AM)
I lost a lot of respect for Adam Eaton. Going to the media and sharing sensitive details about what went down behind closed doors is bogus.

Agreed. I'm all for free speech but this is an issue that should have remained in the clubhouse at least until it was sorted out. Eaton really comes across as the leader of a social media pity party. If LaRoche can stay quiet on the matter, why couldn't Eaton?

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:45 PM)
Players complaining directly to KW makes sense and imo, is one of the missing pieces in the puzzle. If true, I think KW deserves some credit for not coming out and saying which players or how many, which would distinctively divide the clubhouse to some degree. Much better if KW looks like the bad guy than the players that complained. I doubt that the players that complained thought things would escalate to this extent.

i totally agree with your post. KW was acting the professional adult, / boss of the org on how he handle the situation.

the one who is leaking this crap to the media is a chickenshiite S.O.B...... pure bush league stuff.

what is bothering me is this little snippet from the article from yahoo.

Sale told Williams, unequivocally, to get out of the clubhouse and stay out, per a source. Williams acknowledges meeting was passionate.

who is he to tell the boss to get out of the clubhouse.

i lost all respect for sale.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
Agreed. I'm all for free speech but this is an issue that should have remained in the clubhouse at least until it was sorted out. Eaton really comes across as the leader of a social media pity party. If LaRoche can stay quiet on the matter, why couldn't Eaton?

This qualifier is completely unnecessary, as this has nothing to do with free speech.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:11 AM)
i totally agree with your post. KW was acting the professional adult, / boss of the org on how he handle the situation.

the one who is leaking this crap to the media is a chickenshiite S.O.B...... pure bush league stuff.

what is bothering me is this little snippet from the article from yahoo.

who is he to tell the boss to get out of the clubhouse.

i lost all respect for sale.

Agreed, it is chickens***. I understand that LaRoche has friends throughout Baseball and probably received plenty of phone calls and texts asking why he retired but he should have kept quiet on the matter at least until his "few days" was up and made his final decision. Same for Eaton and his big f***ing social media mouth. I had no problem with Eaton's Oscars outburst but this is a team issue that should have been kept in the locker room until the team resolved the issue.

As for Sale. His s*** has been getting old with me since binocular-gate in Detroit. I respect his passion and desire to win but he needs to grow up and learn to control his emotions.

If it's true that Hahn and RV were fine with Drake being around so much, the complaints must have been directly to KW which would explain why he came seemingly out of nowhere with asking LaRoche to " dial it back" , which LaRoche supposedly ignored when KW first talked to him about it over a week ago.

I think it's great that the Sox allow kids to around the field and the clubhouse but not all the time. For some players, the locker room is a sanctuary away from their families. A place they should be able to speak freely about whatever they want and not have to watch their language or the content of what they talk about because one player has their son around 100% of the time. LaRoche is/was but one player on a 25 player roster.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
This qualifier is completely unnecessary, as this has nothing to do with free speech.

agree this was an attempt to undermine the sox FO and everything that the sox was trying to do and accomplish.

those players, those was in league with Sale had total disregard for authority of the sox org and a disdain for the fans who has supported the players.

if only the sox could get his value back via trade or is not a vital part of this season success.

If anyone thinks this story wouldn't have eventually come out, you are kidding yourselves, and blaming LaRoche is silly. He has been as quiet as anyone. He won't even return Tony Clark's calls.

It's better that it came out now than closer to the real games. At least now there is a decent chance it is long gone by the time the games count.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
Agreed, it is chickens***. I understand that LaRoche has friends throughout Baseball and probably received plenty of phone calls and texts asking why he retired but he should have kept quiet on the matter at least until his "few days" was up and made his final decision. Same for Eaton and his big f***ing social media mouth. I had no problem with Eaton's Oscars outburst but this is a team issue that should have been kept in the locker room until the team resolved the issue.

As for Sale. His s*** has been getting old with me since binocular-gate in Detroit. I respect his passion and desire to win but he needs to grow up and learn to control his emotions.

If it's true that Hahn and RV were fine with Drake being around so much, the complaints must have been directly to KW which would explain why he came seemingly out of nowhere with asking LaRoche to " dial it back" , which LaRoche supposedly ignored when KW first talked to him about it over a week ago.

I think it's great that the Sox allow kids to around the field and the clubhouse but not all the time. For some players, the locker room is a sanctuary away from their families. A place they should be able to speak freely about whatever they want and not have to watch their language or the content of what they talk about because one player has their son around 100% of the time. LaRoche is/was but one player on a 25 player roster.

nice post

i am with you, i was furious yesterday and posted about my anger and it is still simmering. that little punk in cf and the idiot pitchers are too much.

they need to learn to pick their battles, but the sox org was and is in the right. remember this is coming from me has a huge problem with how the sox operated via fa's and assembling a team to compete. but this is all wrong.

ref to the family environment. any of the old timers will vouch with what i will say. this is all per JR. when he bought the team, he stated on how he wanted the sox to be a family team friendly like the team he grew up with in the east coast. i want to say ebbits field.

this was all JR doing and now many teams have follow this direction.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)
If anyone thinks this story wouldn't have eventually come out, you are kidding yourselves, and blaming LaRoche is silly. He has been as quiet as anyone. He won't even return Tony Clark's calls.

It's better that it came out now than closer to the real games. At least now there is a decent chance it is long gone by the time the games count.

i never thought it was coming from laroche per se. but it is others who are taking the mantle and running with it.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)

Eaton speaking out on his personal Twitter account is about free speech which is why I brought it up. The point is that I respect the fact that Eaton has the right to say what he likes on his Twitter account ( free speech ) but the LaRoche issue is one that should have remained in the clubhouse until LaRoche made his final decision and all the facts were out, which not all the facts are out yet.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)

E3 Meat Company ‏@E3Meat 11h11 hours ago

Kids in the clubhouse? Cubs say let players police it http://es.pn/257h7kU

His meat company's page is full of anti-White Sox tweets. He has not been quiet.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
Eaton speaking out on his personal Twitter account is about free speech which is why I brought it up. The point is that I respect the fact that Eaton has the right to say what he likes on his Twitter account ( free speech ) but the LaRoche issue is one that should have remained in the clubhouse until LaRoche made his final decision and all the facts were out, which not all the facts are out yet.

part of this i agree.

what i have a heartburn is, it was a dynamics of the clubhouse and should have stayed there.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:44 AM)
E3 Meat Company ‏@E3Meat 11h11 hours ago

Kids in the clubhouse? Cubs say let players police it http://es.pn/257h7kU

His meat company's page is full of anti-White Sox tweets. He has not been quiet.

Just because he owns the company doesn't mean it is him tweeting. I would bet everything I own it isn't him tweeting.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:47 AM)
Just because he owns the company doesn't mean it is him tweeting. I would bet everything I own it isn't him tweeting.

It may not be him, but it is obviously someone high up in the company. I'm sure he's aware of it, and hasn't asked one of the co-owners to stop

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)

LaRoche hasn't said anything but his company, his father, Pittsburgh writers, and his brother tried to get it out there as soon as possible.