Your new Supreme Court nominee is....

southsider2k5

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)
Not that I think Hillary is equal to Trump but I question her decision making when she had Kaine as her VP. He's voted yes on all of Trump's cabinet picks so far. Spineless.

Didn't vote for Tillerson. Pretty clear he's not gonna vote for DeVos. Probably won't vote Sessions.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 03:13 PM)
Didn't vote for Tillerson. Pretty clear he's not gonna vote for DeVos. Probably won't vote Sessions.

I doubt he votes for many if any of the remaining noms.

The ones who have been confirmed so far (outside of Tillerson) were confirmed because they weren't terrible picks. Pompeo is debatable.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)
Not that I think Hillary is equal to Trump but I question her decision making when she had Kaine as her VP. He's voted yes on all of Trump's cabinet picks so far. Spineless.

Her pick for VP was an odd choice, I would have thought she would have selected someone different. Hopefully next time they get both candidates right to stop the re-election of Mr. Trump.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 09:32 AM)
The only thing that is clueless is trying to rationalize that the GOP didn't try to obstruct Obama. Don't that person who tries to justify everything that your party does. Don't be a drone. Use your mind and see past the marching orders.

I've done nothing of the sort.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 07:49 AM)
Brett,

Do you believe in American Exceptionalism (like Justice Roberts, Thomas and Scalia) or in the new Trump doctrine that Russia and the US are essentially moral equivalents?

Do you believe Putin would be a better leader for America than Obama?

I had to look up the term and used wikipedia (i know not a great source) to catch up on it. I'd say no, I do not embrace the term.

I caught only a sound bite on the O'Reilly interview. I would say countries don't have morals, people do.

I have no idea if Putin could be a better President of the United States than Obama or any of our Presidents for that matter.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 07:26 PM)
I felt called to come back to Soxtalk, and what do I see, but a mention of a politician I still pine for.

Might not be worth it unless you stay in the baseball parts. i took a long break and and already regretting coming back to this part. The hysteria is off the charts. But welcome back.

Edited by Alpha Dog

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 07:16 AM)
Gorsuch's PR/Comm guy confirmed it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/09/politics/don...rats/index.html

As predictable as clockwork...

Sen. Richard Blumenthal, who never fought in Vietnam when he said for years he had (major lie), now misrepresents what Judge Gorsuch told him?" Trump tweeted Thursday morning.

Pretty bold to also contradict Sasse and Ayotte.

Edited by caulfield12

• 1 month later...

Schumer: Democrats will filibuster Gorsuch nomination

Good. We have a deeply unpopular President who's whole administration has been one self-inflicted disaster after another and who is under investigation by the FBI regarding his election. Not to mention that it's a stolen seat in the first place.

I only got to listen to about an hour of Gorsuch's testimony, but the segment I heard had him refusing to give a simple answer to whether he agreed with the court's decisions in Brown v Board and Griswold despite it being pointed out that Alito and Roberts had no problem giving an unequivocal "yes" during their hearings. We also had a Gorsuch decision reversed by the SCOTUS yesterday unanimously, and that case highlighted Gorsuch's tendency to be hyperliteral to the point of coming up with ridiculous conclusions (that always just happen to favor the powerful over the powerless).

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 09:45 AM)
Schumer: Democrats will filibuster Gorsuch nomination

(that always just happen to favor the powerful over the powerless).

That's what DICKhead Durbin tried to pin him on and got his lunch handed to him. I don't have the link but he had a list of over 40 recent cases where what you claim just didn't happen.