Your new Supreme Court nominee is....

southsider2k5

I almost think he wanted to set people up to talk about his drinking thinking it would turn off casual onlookers based on his experience in Starr's probe where he went into the deepest grossest things and did the same. Bold play.

That could be it, because this calendar undercuts his own defense. He was so committed to academics and community and church, but those things never really appear on this detailed calendar. But the fact that he didn't write down a specific party* is also proof that he definitely didn't go to that party. Either he's lying about the first part (definitely is), or he didn't actually record everything in his calendar so it's not exculpatory at all.

On the other hand, we know that he's also just a terrible liar. His sounding out of "Kasowitz," a prominent law firm that has represented the President and is also where one of his good friends works, was so transparently fake.

He isn't being nominated because he's some legal prodigy. He's being nominated because he'll be the same as Alito--a very reliable vote for whatever GOP policy currently is. His career started as political hack work, and that's how it's going to end.

What I don't get is all these old men are saying everything was 36 years ago and BS, but on the other hand, some calendar, and who the hell keeps a calendar from 1982 , is clear proof of no wrong. 

Probably just about everyone who has gone to college has met at least one of these guys who have believed they are entitled, from either growing up with rich parents or being the big man from their hometown. A lot of them are still pretty decent guys who just think they are owed a bit, but there are also some pretty big assholes. This guy seems like the stereotype for that. 

Lindsay Graham saying he didn't want to ruin a guy's life over some accusation is just wrong. There is a pattern here. He doesn't qualify to be a Supreme Court judge. That is not unusual. Most do not. It doesn't mean their lives are ruined. It's OK if he ruins someone else's life though. No problem. 

Edited by Dick Allen

26 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

That could be it, because this calendar undercuts his own defense. He was so committed to academics and community and church, but those things never really appear on this detailed calendar. But the fact that he didn't write down a specific party* is also proof that he definitely didn't go to that party. Either he's lying about the first part (definitely is), or he didn't actually record everything in his calendar so it's not exculpatory at all.

On the other hand, we know that he's also just a terrible liar. His sounding out of "Kasowitz," a prominent law firm that has represented the President and is also where one of his good friends works, was so transparently fake.

He isn't being nominated because he's some legal prodigy. He's being nominated because he'll be the same as Alito--a very reliable vote for whatever GOP policy currently is. His career started as political hack work, and that's how it's going to end.

It's because he was so committed to being at church his calendar was merely a reminder of when he needed to stop.

• Haha 1

Yet another accuser. Susan Collins, if she takes what she is offered to confirm better remember this when Roe v Wade gets overturned and Bart O'Kavanaugh, choirboy, says the assurance he gave her that it wouldn't happen, never happened, look, a calendar. It says I never met with Susan Collins.

Edited by Dick Allen

3 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Avenatti has named his client and posted her affidavit. It's deeply troubling. Senate GOP has refused to respond.

DoBx3JaWkAEip6_.jpg:large

DoBx4acXUAEl_Fm.jpg:large

csuDIzf.png

That's a wrap.  Republicans need to find a new nominee.  Ramming this dude through is not the right move in the slightest.

19 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

So this new accuser kept going to party after party with high schoolers after she graduated while girls were being raped and she said nothing? And kept going to said parties? That doesn't make any sense

Then you know nothing.  It is very normal behavior for victims of molestation and sexual assault to become more active, probably in an effort to feel in control of their sex lives which was robbed from them by the assailant.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Then you know nothing.  It is very normal behavior for victims of molestation and sexual assault to become more active, probably in an effort to feel in control of their sex lives which was robbed from them by the assailant.

I think it is also fair to say that she may not have fully understood what was happening in those bedrooms until it happened to her.

In any event, the question isn't "why didn't she report?" it's "did those things happen?" She says it did, and has corroborating witnesses. She also has no motive to lie that we know of.

2 minutes ago, G&T said:

I think it is also fair to say that she may not have fully understood what was happening in those bedrooms until it happened to her.

In any event, the question isn't "why didn't she report?" it's "did those things happen?" She says it did, and has corroborating witnesses. She also has no motive to lie that we know of.

Anyone who wants to question "Why didn't she report" needs to look in an F'ing mirror.  People like that are EXACTLY why people wait decades to report stuff.  It is why stuff like the Catholic Church abuse scandal happens, it is why Penn State happens, it is why Bill Cosby happens, and it is why Bill Clinton and Donald Trump happens.  People are too damned busy questioning the victims and assigning some fake ethos of what they SHOULD be in order to be an acceptable claim, instead of realizing that their BS is why this stuff gets buried for decades.  No one wants to be the target of these type of mouthbreathing institutional attacks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

So this new accuser kept going to party after party with high schoolers after she graduated while girls were being raped and she said nothing? And kept going to said parties? That doesn't make any sense

It really isnt that hard to believe. Thankfully in the days of my youth my bad behavior didnt extend to violating girls, but I can definitely say that in other circles there were definitely guys who did that type of stuff. And there were groups of girls that seemed to be the targets.

SWIM was at a friends house when a girl took some acid. Some time later she was in the basement with her pants off. Since SWIM's circle of friends werent too horrific, a few other girls there took her into the bathroom and everyone made sure she was safe. 

Not everyone is so lucky. 

49 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/09/kavanaugh-judge-prep-school-parties.html

Every June, we had Beach Week—a tradition also described in a Washington Post piece about Ford—in which teenagers actually rent houses to party at the beach, something I still don’t quite comprehend. I distinctly remember being at a Beach Week party with my then-boyfriend when it dawned on us that there was a drunk girl in a room down the hall, and boys were “lining up” to go in there and, presumably, have their way with her. We didn’t know for sure, but my boyfriend and my friend’s boyfriend went to interrupt it and sent her on her way down the stairs. All I remember about her is that she was in the class above us and had dark hair. My friend has told me she remembers boys saying, “I’m next,” which was why our boyfriends went to stop it. That was the only time I can clearly remember a situation that was so obviously a “lineup,” as it was referred to by some at school. My friend remembers witnessing another, and though there weren’t lineups of this nature at every party, they happened often enough that we had a term. We didn’t call it rape.

I think there is also a cognitive issue with teens not being able to understand the severity of issues when it's between people they know. I also would gather there is something to the idea that they wouldn't all see each other in school on monday.

But even so I'm kinda floored by the drinking and scenes described. You could put it side by side against hunter s thompson's stories of being in the hells angels and not much difference.

19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Anyone who wants to question "Why didn't she report" needs to look in an F'ing mirror.  People like that are EXACTLY why people wait decades to report stuff.  It is why stuff like the Catholic Church abuse scandal happens, it is why Penn State happens, it is why Bill Cosby happens, and it is why Bill Clinton and Donald Trump happens.  People are too damned busy questioning the victims and assigning some fake ethos of what they SHOULD be in order to be an acceptable claim, instead of realizing that their BS is why this stuff gets buried for decades.  No one wants to be the target of these type of mouthbreathing institutional attacks.

Dr. Ford's life is never going to be the same all because she said this guy, Trump's guy violated her.  Wait until they get a hold of the new accuser!  Who wants to be scrutinized like this?

44 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Wow. We finally wholeheartedly agree on something. Well said.

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

How does anyone with a daughter support this guy? Trump I can see, he is the only person I know about who has no problem with someone referring to his daughter as a piece of ass.

Like this. This woman not only defends Kavanaugh and groping in general, she looks to her teenage daughter for support of the idea that teenage girls are routinely groped and that it's no big deal.

Edited by StrangeSox

8 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

So one question.  The 3rd accuser.  Why hasn't her attorney immediately contacted local law enforcement who investigate these types of crimes to press criminal charges?  A criminal charge against Kavanaugh would immediately stop this from moving forward. 

I am going to guess the statute of limitations has run on most of these claims. 

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/kavanaugh-says-he-wont-let-false-accusations-push-him-out

According to this article in 1982 sol in Maryland was 1 year and couldnt be prosecuted.

(edit)

https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Connecticut-considers-changes-to-sexual-assault-12759764.php

And the ones in CT (from Yale) are also outside of SOL. 

Edited by Soxbadger

57 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

So one question.  The 3rd accuser.  Why hasn't her attorney immediately contacted local law enforcement who investigate these types of crimes to press criminal charges?  A criminal charge against Kavanaugh would immediately stop this from moving forward. 

Statute of limitations and no.