Your new Supreme Court nominee is....

southsider2k5

I know of at least one friend of mine that was raped and never reported it. Chances are most all of us know someone that was raped/sexually assaulted and never reported it. I've never understood why anyone argues that anyone would have immediately reported it or reported it at all.

Nothing like Grassley clearly trying to refute allegations before Ford even testifies.  Voters need to stop voting for old people with decaying minds please.  

I also liked him citing to FBI reports not having a whiff of the allegations against Kavanaugh and then later on quoting Biden on how useless these reports are.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

13 hours ago, Heads22 said:

I know of at least one friend of mine that was raped and never reported it. Chances are most all of us know someone that was raped/sexually assaulted and never reported it. I've never understood why anyone argues that anyone would have immediately reported it or reported it at all.

Just an FYI this was NOT what I was saying. I understand why victims never report or are afraid to do so. I was simply saying this college student was going to parties where she witnessed high schoolers spiking drinks and sexually assaulting women but continued to go to these parties anyways.

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Just an FYI this was NOT what I was saying. I understand why victims never report or are afraid to do so. I was simply saying this college student was going to parties where she witnessed high schoolers spiking drinks and sexually assaulting women but continued to go to these parties anyways.

Let me say this clearly.

The act of putting yourself into dumb, or even dangerous, situations does NOT invalidate anything that might happen to the person after putting themselves into that situation, even if they full well knew that something like this might/could happen. The ultimate responsibility rests 100% on the person committing the crime, period, end of story.

• Like 4

This hearing is, predictably, disgusting.

Grassley starts with a long diatribe essentially attacking both Blasey Ford and the Democrats. He rants at length while providing weak excuses for his behavior. Then, when Feinstein starts and introduces Blasey Ford, Grassley immediately interrupts her and claims "I was going to get to that!"

This hired goon for the all-male, all-white GOP Judiciary has a terrible record as Joe Arpaio's crappy prosecutor.

Grassley, giving zero thought to this hearing, set it up in the dumbest possible way--alternating 5 minute chunks, 1 round. So rather than his hired goon being able to build a flow and a story through her questioning of Blasey Ford, she's constantly stopped.

At one point, the hired goon brings up fucking Zillow maps. Sen. Harris asks that the Democrats be provided the referenced materials so that they may follow along to the testimony. Grassley gets bent out of shape, and says he was "rudely interrupted" by this request. There's a very good reason they brought in a hired goon rather than do this themselves.

Grassley also plainly lied about trying to reach out to the multiple other accusers' attorneys. These attorneys have been shouting in public that they have attempted to contact Grassley/GOP Judiciary multiple times and have received zero response.

Feinstein did a good job of laying out Kavanaugh's obvious and flagrant credibility problems by citing his bullshit Fox News "I was a perfect choir boy!" interview. The man cannot help but lie over and over again.

And, of course, the GOP isn't ever going to bother calling Mark Judge, a named witness/participant in at least two separate accusations.

Agh. Absolutely disgusting.

It's disgusting., which there should be no surprise. They know what this guy is.  I give Dr. Ford so much credit. Not many people would do what she is doing.  If  her story is BS, she's easily the greatest actor of all time. Hopefully, there are at least a couple of GOP senators with some dignity. 

Edited by Dick Allen

27 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Let me say this clearly.

The act of putting yourself into dumb, or even dangerous, situations does NOT invalidate anything that might happen to the person after putting themselves into that situation, even if they full well knew that something like this might/could happen. The ultimate responsibility rests 100% on the person committing the crime, period, end of story.

Did I say that?

She witnessed crimes and didn't say anything. She kept going back and didn't stop anything going on at these parties, she witnessed boys spiking drinks but let girls continue to drink them. She was older than most if not all of these kids at the party and never spoke up or stopped going. What she did was wrong as well, anybody who witnessed this stuff happening and said nothing was wrong.

But that does not mean I think it was her fault it happened to her, it should never happen to anyone and it is never the victims fault no matter how much trouble they put themselves in.

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Did I say that?

She witnessed crimes and didn't say anything. She kept going back and didn't stop anything going on at these parties, she witnessed boys spiking drinks but let girls continue to drink them. She was older than most if not all of these kids at the party and never spoke up or stopped going. What she did was wrong as well, anybody who witnessed this stuff happening and said nothing was wrong.

But that does not mean I think it was her fault it happened to her, it should never happen to anyone and it is never the victims fault no matter how much trouble they put themselves in.

This is trash.  Putting the onus on victims to be above the criminals is nothing we do in another other area of crime.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is trash.  Putting the onus on victims to be above the criminals is nothing we do in another other area of crime.

You read one little part of my post and focused on that. Read the whole damn thing, it isn't her fault this shit happened but she and ANYONE else that was there didn't do anything to help make it stop. If you witness a crime repeated over and over and never say anything and just let it happen, especially when you are voluntarily there how is that okay? I would say a majority of people of age (18-20) wouldn't continue to put themselves in that situation or tell someone of some authority.

5 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

You read one little part of my post and focused on that. Read the whole damn thing, it isn't her fault this shit happened but she and ANYONE else that was there didn't do anything to help make it stop. If you witness a crime repeated over and over and never say anything and just let it happen, especially when you are voluntarily there how is that okay? I would say a majority of people of age (18-20) wouldn't continue to put themselves in that situation or tell someone of some authority.

I would say just the opposite. You have never been in a situation where you have seen something that shouldn't be, and sat it out? And you never returned, especially at that age? 

I think it's pretty safe to say most teens let stuff like that go. It's very important to most to be socially accepted at that age. Whether it's not pissing the boys off, and getting left out, or no longer attending parties. It doesn't happen like that. There are cliques. The "popular" kids get away with a ton. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Because its not a crime what she did.

The alleged sexual assault that took place against her and others is a crime. Its pretty clear that you dont really understand the mental mindset of people who are victims of abuse.

And it doesnt matter what the majority of people do, the majority of people dont witness a rape in their lifetime. 

9 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

You are right that I focused on one part of your post, again, because it was trash.

The last two sentences are absolutely 100% nonsense and irrelevant.

The victim could have been a paid prostitute doing cocaine off of Kavanaugh's cock, and it wouldn't be relevant to the discussion at hand.  The mere act of attempting to shift any blame at all in this to anyone but the criminals in situations like this is disgusting.  It is victim shaming, 100%.

5 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

This is hindsight B.S. And what authority? These kids are underage drinking and aren't going to the police. Parents? Do you think their parents care about what happens at Beach Week or any of these parties where the parents probably bought alcohol?

Trying to understand the cultural issues that led her not to report is a far more productive use of time than blaming her and "anyone else" for failing to report.

1 minute ago, G&T said:

This is hindsight B.S. And what authority? These kids are underage drinking and aren't going to the police. Parents? Do you think their parents care about what happens at Beach Week or any of these parties where the parents probably bought alcohol?

Trying to understand the cultural issues that led her not to report is a far more productive use of time than blaming her and "anyone else" for failing to report.

Its just hard to understand the culture unless youve seen it. No 15 year old girl going to their parents against Kavanaugh. His mom was a judge, his circle of friends would rally together and call her a liar. Her life would be over at 15.

There are rules in those societies. If you rat, its over for you. It would be more than social suicide, the ramifications would probably have followed her for life. 

6 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Its just hard to understand the culture unless youve seen it. No 15 year old girl going to their parents against Kavanaugh. His mom was a judge, his circle of friends would rally together and call her a liar. Her life would be over at 15.

There are rules in those societies. If you rat, its over for you. It would be more than social suicide, the ramifications would probably have followed her for life. 

She was in college

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You are right that I focused on one part of your post, again, because it was trash.

The last two sentences are absolutely 100% nonsense and irrelevant.

The victim could have been a paid prostitute doing cocaine off of Kavanaugh's cock, and it wouldn't be relevant to the discussion at hand.  The mere act of attempting to shift any blame at all in this to anyone but the criminals in situations like this is disgusting.  It is victim shaming, 100%.

You act like I am saying it was her fault this happened to her or anyone else who was raped. Or that I think she is lying. It wasn't her fault or anyone else's this happened to but I do find it strange that she continued to go to these parties when she knew this stuff was happening.

I am not victim shaming, you just like to read bits and pieces of a post and come to your own conclusion.

Edited by BigHurt3515