Your new Supreme Court nominee is....

southsider2k5

The tone of the GOP and Kavanaugh, again and again, is that this was "sprung" on them, that the charges against Kavanaugh are deeply serious, and that this is much more than a "job interview."

But they also refuse to do anything more than a couple hours of hearings. Instead, Kavanaugh seemingly swore vengeance on the left for this. Incredible.

Edited by StrangeSox

2 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

The tone of the GOP and Kavanaugh, again and again, is that this was "sprung" on them, that the charges against Kavanaugh are deeply serious, and that this is much more than a "job interview."

But they also refuse to do anything more than a couple hours of hearings. Instead, Kavanaugh seemingly swore vengeance on the left for this. Incredible.

All reasons that any vote confirming him to the Supreme Court should be delayed until the investigation can occur.

This seems right to me. That silence after Durbin pressed him was stark.

They also have notably dumped that woman they brought in to question Blasey Ford and are instead using their time to melt down at the idea that he would ever even be questioned. 

Kavanaugh is also still not answer any of the Democrats' questions at all.

Edited by StrangeSox

So Blumenthal basically caught Kavanaugh. It seems that Judge didnt even sign the letter, his lawyer did. That is not an affidavit nor a sworn statement. 

Thats pretty damning, but I doubt many Republicans stand up and against this. Because after this there is no doubt in my mind that even Republican's believe Kavanaugh lied at some point.

1 minute ago, StrangeSox said:

Yes.

The difference in composure and willingness to answer questions between Blasey Ford and Kavanaugh is telling.

And the "well they sent a letter, what more can you do?" from a bunch of lawyers is such obvious nonsense and they all know it.

Kavanaugh does not seem like a guy who is telling the truth but people respond to adversity in the different ways.