Your new Supreme Court nominee is....

southsider2k5

9 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

There is a whole world outside of Trump. I was speaking more broadly about my own personal experience.

So you're referring to unverifiable "facts" but ignoring objective realities? Seems consistent.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I've met people who you just plain disagree on policies but Trump supporters are a dangerous breed.  Don't let them bite you.

Even where he supports positions I hold, I can't support the guy.  He isn't the party I grew up with, which is why I walked away from the party.  I have to be able to live with myself, not my party.  Even where I disagree with people, I can respect them.  I don't respect Trump at all for a second.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

That is a fantastic article and the sad thing is that this criminal is going to be on the Supreme Court.

Edit: Criminal in that he committed perjury, no way of knowing if the assault allegations are true or not

Edited by whitesoxfan99

1 hour ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Or many of the republican senators and representatives?  Or Fox news?  Or the Republicans attending Trump's rallies? 

President Trump's rhetoric is inflammatory.  But I don't think rhetoric from representatives like Maxine Waters is very helpful either. 

8 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

That is a fantastic article and the sad thing is that this criminal is going to be on the Supreme Court.

Edit: Criminal in that he committed perjury, no way of knowing if the assault allegations are true or not

If It were Bill Clinton or Harvey weinstein, woh, with the exact same testimony wouldn't believe anyone could think they weren't guilty. To me, the fact that she passed a polygraph was good. Her testimony didn't appear in the slightest to be an act. And all the deception, lies, and refusal to answer questions by Kavanaugh makes me believe he was hiding something about this. But as has been stated many times, even if this never did happen, even if it was Brett's evil twin he never knew who did this, Bart lied. Under oath. He should be done.

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

President Trump's rhetoric is inflammatory.  But I don't think rhetoric from representatives like Maxine Waters is very helpful either. 

Great.  I agree.  That is completely irrelevant to wrathofhahn's hysterically inaccurate post.

4 hours ago, G&T said:

So you're referring to unverifiable "facts" but ignoring objective realities? Seems consistent.

I was trying to have a real conversation and everyone went to Trump. Which proves my point you guys are so focused on Trump you are missing the actual message.

I have family members I can't talk politics where they can't handle the fact I disagree with them. I've never experienced that with other Republicans even with things we disagree with (we are not a product of a hive mentality) but lets put that aside for the moment the other poster mentioned what is tearing society apart and the point we have to find a way to be able disagree without immediately retreating back to our safe spaces and we should be able to walk away without people feeling "sad" or "angry" or "disappointed" and recognize people have the right to have a difference of opinion and still be able to socialize with them.

This isn't some far out idea there are hundreds of studies out there about the polarization of the public how fewer people are socializing outside their own groupthink and how people are not allowing themselves to be exposed to ideas they disagree with.

4 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

Yep Hahn's done.  My god your posts are brutal.

There is an ignore button if you don't want to read my posts.

Edit: I assume there is an ignore button I've never used it.

Edited by wrathofhahn

image.png

That is my summation of the last couple pages of this thread. Do you guys think that you did anything to change wrathofhahn's opinion? Do you think this board expressed tolerance to differing opinions? Ill hang up and listen. 

12 minutes ago, raBBit said:

image.png

That is my summation of the last couple pages of this thread. Do you guys think that you did anything to change wrathofhahn's opinion? Do you think this board expressed tolerance to differing opinions? Ill hang up and listen. 

He said the big difference was republicans have tolerance, Dems don’t. Maybe Dems don’t, but the statement is false. He has no tolerance, you have no tolerance. Everything is a conspiracy. Also you cannot separate Trump and the Republican Party until the Republican Party stops bowing down to him.

19 minutes ago, raBBit said:

image.png

I'd reply, but it would probably get deleted.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I'd reply, but it would probably get deleted.

It's fine I don't take any of this personally.

I wouldn't have replied to people posts if I didn't want to know what they actually thought and engage in a honest discussion with them. I just wanted to be clear on what I said and meant at the time.

Anyways going to take a break from the board a bit. Sox season is over and there really isn't much to discuss I'll probably be back in Nov lol

Edited by wrathofhahn

14 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

It's fine I don't take any of this personally.

I wouldn't have replied to people posts if I didn't want to know what they actually thought and engage in a honest discussion with them. I just wanted to be clear on what I said and meant at the time.

Anyways going to take a break from the board a bit. Sox season is over and there really isn't much to discuss I'll probably be back in Nov lol

FWIW, I don't believe that comment was aimed at you.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, raBBit said:

image.png

Certain things that Republicans consider "politics" are actually "a lack of basic human decency". That's the biggest problem.

3 hours ago, raBBit said:

image.png

Wasn't trying to change his mind, he's entitled to his beliefs as am I.  I just think he's disingenuous at best, usually partisan people are.

4 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

I was trying to have a real conversation and everyone went to Trump. Which proves my point you guys are so focused on Trump you are missing the actual message.

I have family members I can't talk politics where they can't handle the fact I disagree with them. I've never experienced that with other Republicans even with things we disagree with (we are not a product of a hive mentality) but lets put that aside for the moment the other poster mentioned what is tearing society apart and the point we have to find a way to be able disagree without immediately retreating back to our safe spaces and we should be able to walk away without people feeling "sad" or "angry" or "disappointed" and recognize people have the right to have a difference of opinion and still be able to socialize with them.

This isn't some far out idea there are hundreds of studies out there about the polarization of the public how fewer people are socializing outside their own groupthink and how people are not allowing themselves to be exposed to ideas they disagree with.

There is an ignore button if you don't want to read my posts.

Edit: I assume there is an ignore button I've never used it.

I don't ignore users but you don't seem to want to engage in an honest debate.

5 hours ago, raBBit said:

image.png

Explain how my comment showed intolerance for his opinion other than by establishing disagreement based on a rather obvious flaw which I believe has formed the basis for many of his arguments.  

Then explain how anyone is supposed to reply to his easily contradicted over generalized accusation which he later supports by unverifiable evidence. In other words, what would be a tolerant response to his statements?

What you are doing is disengenuisly requiring people with opposing opinions to debate in a manner that suits your needs. You then attack the arguer based on your set of rules rather than the argument. 

What’s laughable is that “the left” is accused of intolerance and hypocrisy for arguing passionately while “the right” can’t be accused of the same for one reason: intolerance on the right is consistent with its message. This is what underlies wrath’s blatantly false statement comparing republicans and democrats. 

Further, he expects to be treated with tolerance while he attacks a sexual assault victim in an era when we are realizing how serious such claims should be taken. His lack of tolerance for the victim is of no consequence, of course, and should be understood and accepted just as though he were an immigrant child separated from his family, or a family struggling to pay medical bills. 

I’ll answer one question of yours. No, his opinion won’t be changed. That’s not why he is here anyway. He’s entitled to whatever damn opinion he wants. But opinion is subject to disagreement. 

39 minutes ago, bmags said:

murkowski just voted against cloture. Flake voted yes, collins yes. Collins said her final vote will be announced at 3pm.

I guessed that they'd all vote for cloture, so Murkowski is a surprise. So now the three to watch are Collins, Flake and Manchin. 2 of those 3 are needed for confirmation. We'll know Collins at 3pm ET, so then it will fall to Flake and Manchin's decisions.

11 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

I guessed that they'd all vote for cloture, so Murkowski is a surprise. So now the three to watch are Collins, Flake and Manchin. 2 of those 3 are needed for confirmation. We'll know Collins at 3pm ET, so then it will fall to Flake and Manchin's decisions.

I think she needs cover because a bunch of powerful groups in Alaska came out against the nomination.