Should Swisher come back to the Sox????

SCCWS

Somebody who did not research his first tour of duty here.

With such a small financial cost attached, there’s a good chance at least one team will explore adding Swisher as a bench bat and a veteran clubhouse presence. An AL team is more likely than an NL team for Swisher since senior circuit clubs wouldn’t have the benefit of the DH spot to preserve his knees. This is just my speculation, but the White Sox stand out as a team that could use some first base/DH depth now that Adam LaRoche has retired.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/03/brav...ck-swisher.html

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
Maybe my least favorite White Sox player ever, and I don't see the fit anyway. Even if he had something left in the tank, he hits LHP much better than RHP, which is the opposite of what we need at DH.

ohhhh pray to the baseball demi-gods that this is a definite no.

Yes, he'd be a great backup at DH and 1B. At the league min it's a no brainer over Ishikawa or Sands or Shuck.

edit: Eh I dunno, on second thought he's probably not enough of an upgrade to take on his s*** personality. Screw it. Got on base last year at an OK clip but power has absolutely cratered. If he just got cut probably means his health is an issue again.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
It will never, ever, ever, ever happen, but I will say the problems were with Greg Walker and somewhat Ozzie, but I don't think it was a player issue, more coaches, who are all gone.

Kenny is still here and he wasn't a fan of his either after he got here. It won't happen.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 08:05 PM)
Swisher's tenure here was essentially an episode of blue balls with a great looking woman that we didn't get to seal the deal on.

We were very excited about the chance we had (the acquisition) as he had great assets (power and OBP) but the foreplay (time prior to the season) was ultimately the best part of the experience. Then we pushed her away and she went to the better looking guy and they had lots of good times together. In the end, beauty doesn't last forever.

Not only better-looking, but wealthier as well.

Edited by Black_Jack29