Boo Oakland!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 07:52 PM)
This beats the piss out of having to DVR the game, putting my phone on airplane mode and then watching the Sox get wrecked like last year.

How old-fashioned... I wish I had the strength to follow through with that. Well, even if I did, I'm sure someone would ruin it for me in person

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 07:52 PM)
This beats the piss out of having to DVR the game, putting my phone on airplane mode and then watching the Sox get wrecked like last year.

And Mike, we're going to collectively get off your lawn now.

Damned kids. GET A JOB AND PULL UP THOSE PANTS!

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 08:14 PM)
Ironically just saw this part of the movie while I was channel scanning at the hotel the other day. Not doing the "NANANANA" but just started coughing and plugging my ears so some guys wouldn't ruin a day of exclusion on my way home.

Lol I watch that movie every year around opening day. It's a gem.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)
Ironically just saw this part of the movie while I was channel scanning at the hotel the other day. Not doing the "NANANANA" but just started coughing and plugging my ears so some guys wouldn't ruin a day of exclusion on my way home.

I have to say, having never lived in Chicago, I find it so unrelatable to think that just walking around town would get a Sox game spoiled for me. I have to watch out for texts from family/friends and promoted Facebook posts, but otherwise can pretty much stay in the dark until I can watch.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
Opening Day should be 15 day games.

5 at noon, 5 at 1, 5 at 3.

And it should be the day Presidents Day is observed.

Yes. This totally. Opening day is the one day a year that should be day games. It is historical tradition, and in a game as steeped in history as baseball is, there should be some consideration for that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 04:43 PM)
I just realized that the first pitch for opening day is going to be a 9 freaking 10 pm. Whatever happened to a day game for the first day of baseball? That absolutely sucks.

Well if it makes you feel better it's 10:10 for me, so I'll most likely be in bed :lol:

QUOTE (oldsox @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)
You use "sick days" so you can watch baseball games when not sick? And then you post on the internet to that effect?

Jobs dont normally let you keep your sick days, so use them how you please

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 09:15 AM)
Jobs dont normally let you keep your sick days, so use them how you please

My company dumped sick days years ago and just threw them in with the rest of the pool. I guess they saw how people were always getting sick or their kids were getting sick at the beginning of the year when they had the sick days, and were remarkably healthy when their supply of those days ran out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)
My company dumped sick days years ago and just threw them in with the rest of the pool. I guess they saw how people were always getting sick or their kids were getting sick at the beginning of the year when they had the sick days, and were remarkably healthy when their supply of those days ran out.

This. Sick days are now just thrown into vacation days. I've used off days for Opening Day many a time, though usually when it lands on a Friday. I like the 9pm start. Better than missing the whole game while at work.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)

We have vacation time and personal time. The only difference between the two is that vacation time can be taken in 4-hour increments and personal time can be taken in 2-hour increments.

Either way, they wouldn't care if I took a day off to watch baseball all day. It's my time to use when and how I want. The idea of using "sick" days only when you are actually sick is so antiquated.

It's the week of the show at my high school (I teach and direct theatre), so I'll be leaving around 9pm each of those days. Could be worse, I guess. I'll be able to hear/watch some of the opening series of games for certain. I should be able to follow some of the home opener, then watch most of the Saturday game. We close Saturday night, then I have tickets for the Sunday. That's becoming tradition now. Looking forward to it.

Edited by 3GamesToLove

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)
Doubront is the A's 5th starter over Jesse Hahn.

Mon- Sale vs Gray

Tue- Quintana vs Hill

Wed- Rodon vs Bassitt

Thu- Latos vs Graveman

I predict more hits on Thursday vs Monday.

What I hate even more than the Sox playing at 9:05 pm on Opening Day is the fact that there are now THREE "Opening Night" games to kick off the season. 3 games back-to-back, starting at noon on Sunday. And the marquee match-up that they always start with is the 3rd game. So the biggest game of opening night is actually the 3rd game played. That's a bummer. I always liked the build up and anticipation for that first fulfillment of baseball on the night before every else started.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 12:34 AM)
What I hate even more than the Sox playing at 9:05 pm on Opening Day is the fact that there are now THREE "Opening Night" games to kick off the season. 3 games back-to-back, starting at noon on Sunday. And the marquee match-up that they always start with is the 3rd game. So the biggest game of opening night is actually the 3rd game played. That's a bummer. I always liked the build up and anticipation for that first fulfillment of baseball on the night before every else started.

Was Mets vs. KC opening day scheduled before the World Series?